« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »
Suprised at the votes, where are all those presige whores

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Would you rather?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »
I think you had to have a 4th Tier option to really see how dirty people would get.

TimMitchell

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
I think you had to have a 4th Tier option to really see how dirty people would get.

I thought about it, but I figured 3rd tier would be enough of a shock for all the gunners on LSD. I'm suprised at the results so far, maybe you are right.

vap

• Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
I'm VERY surprised at the number or people voting for top 25% at T2.  That makes no sense - the grades / ranking balance is not good enough to get a great job.  Much better to be top 1% at T3.

Also must keep in mind that most (maybe none) T14s actually rank students - so an employer would never really know you were in the bottom 10% or dead last at HYS.  They would just see your shittty ass grades.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:38:58 PM »
This is a silly poll. If you said 'dead last at HYS', everyone would choose that. That's why you have to choose ridiculous scenarios like 'on academic probation'.

Someone graduates every year top 3% of a t3 and top 25% of a T2 but the person who graduates bottom of HYS doesn't necessarily have no rec letters or is on probation. It's complete nonsense - I bet you NOONE has graduated from HYS in these circumstances in the last 10 years.

Doesn't it say something that you have to come up with such a stupid scenario to make people choose the t3.

I'd rather be felt up by some old perv than gang raped in an alley - doesn't make the first choice good.

Loling that you think you've proved something to the 'prestige whores'.

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:19:51 AM »
This is a silly poll. If you said 'dead last at HYS', everyone would choose that. That's why you have to choose ridiculous scenarios like 'on academic probation'.

Someone graduates every year top 3% of a t3 and top 25% of a T2 but the person who graduates bottom of HYS doesn't necessarily have no rec letters or is on probation. It's complete nonsense - I bet you NOONE has graduated from HYS in these circumstances in the last 10 years.

Doesn't it say something that you have to come up with such a stupid scenario to make people choose the t3.

I'd rather be felt up by some old perv than gang raped in an alley - doesn't make the first choice good.

Hey, let's not forget that 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape.

True dat.

Anyway, I picked top 25% at a T2 because I was thinking of my particular T2. I had a few good T3s that I could have went to (Ole Miss, Arkansas - Fayetteville), but I'd rather go to Florida State and finish in the top 25% while still ending up in Florida and being a Seminole than finishing in the top 1% at the others. Nothing wrong with said T3 schools, in fact, I thought they looked very good. I just really wanted to move to Florida and go to Florida State. Seriously, those were life goals.

TimMitchell

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »

I don't think I proved anything, I was just curious what peoples opinions are. If I had to choose one I would prob choose dead last at HYS because after your first job no one really checks your grades its all about your reputation, and HYS degree is the same as all the others after that point.

I'd like to qualify my statement that no one checks their grades is just anecdotal experience. Many of my clients are lawyers, most have gone to regional T4-T2, some T1, they all say that ranking (and many sat your school) doesn't matter at all after your first job, its all your reputation and actual skill after that.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »
This is a silly poll. If you said 'dead last at HYS', everyone would choose that.
Everyone? Really? I find that hard to believe... I wouldn't have.

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »

LOLing that you took the time to criticize his hypothetical survey. Yes, it is not common. That is why it is hypothetical.