Law School Discussion

Question about LSAT administration dates/application deadlines.

firewalker

• New York University
    • View Profile
All the schools I checked with ED programs stated, "File and complete application by November 15."

My worry is that some schools - like NYU - state "Applicants must take the Law School Admission Test no later than September 2007", while other schools - like UVA - just state that your apps have to be in by mid-November.

So my question is if I want to apply early decision, am I limited to the June administration (seeing as how theres only Feb/June/Oct/Dec test dates)?

Re: Question about LSAT administration dates/application deadlines.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
It is my understanding that the September test means September/October. So you can take the LSAT at that time and still apply to the school of your choice-NYU.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
Well from what I had seen on the NYU site (I think, please correct me if I'm making this up) they specifically state that they will note take the October test results. Other schools with ED however, just want you file complete by Nov. 15th, but are willing to wait until the 30th for all your documents to arrive (Columbia). So it's a school by school basis.

firewalker

• New York University
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »
Great, two different answers.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:29:59 PM »
September/October is the same thing when it comes to the LSAT. It is generally offered in September but sometimes in October (like in 2008). So it's the same thing.

Although ED rules could really be different, as you say. Call the schools to check. If you're applying ED, you'd only need to call 1 school. Get on it.