Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall vs. Albany  (Read 2339 times)

BriGuy1818

• View Profile
    • Email
Seton Hall vs. Albany
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:33:48 PM »
I was accepted today Part Time Day to Seton Hall Law.  I have a deposit and real nice apartment at Albany Law and I was ready to go there.  I am from New Jersey and would like to work in either New Jersey or Manhattan.  Is this a "No Brainer" for me to go to Seton Hall?  Your feedback is appreciated.

onechu82

• View Profile
Re: Seton Hall vs. Albany
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »
I am also admitted to PT Day program at Seton Hall.  I'm told that PT Day students will take courses with FT students.  Of course, since it's PT, you will end up taking two less core courses than FT at the end of first year.  During summer, you can take courses up to 6 credit hours (but not core courses).  You will have 28 credit hours while FT will have 30.  If you wish, you can transfer to a FT program starting 2nd year.  I think this past year, the requirement was something like 2.8 GPA.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 02:23:44 AM »
If Albany's full time, take Albany.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

BriGuy1818

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:52 AM »
Any reasoning for choosing Albany over Seton Hall?  Seton Hall is #66, albany isn't ranked.  Seton Hall places in NYC and NJ, Albany you would have to be in the top 10% of your class.  I am interested to know why you think Albany is the place to go, thanks for your time.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:15:44 PM »
Just for the full time v. part time. The sooner you get done, the sooner you can actually get to work and start making money. Plus I'm biased against NJ.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

bmtdoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 03:11:46 AM »
I just graduated from Seton Hall undergrad.  My first question is what kind of law are you interested in doing?  And would you be commuting from somewhere else in NJ or living in the Newark/South Orange area?  I would say Seton Hall - better location for job placement, even if it takes a little longer to finish (can you eventually transfer to FT or anything out of the PT program at SHU?).

BriGuy1818

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »
I just graduated from Seton Hall undergrad.  My first question is what kind of law are you interested in doing?  And would you be commuting from somewhere else in NJ or living in the Newark/South Orange area?  I would say Seton Hall - better location for job placement, even if it takes a little longer to finish (can you eventually transfer to FT or anything out of the PT program at SHU?).

yes I can transfer into full time if i Have a 2.8 or higher after my first year.  I planned on transferring after the first year.  I planned on living in Hoboken and taking the Path to school everyday.  Did you enjoy Seton Hall Law?  What are your plans now if you don't mind me asking...