Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why I don't agree with AA  (Read 21646 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Why I don't agree with AA
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 02:44:47 PM »
you're supposed to work for us, not go to school with us. YOU WHITE POORS ARE TAKING MY SPOTS!

seriously.  you cant even GET good domestic help anymore.  even my gardener has a master's from MIT. 
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

TimMitchell

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
you're supposed to work for us, not go to school with us. YOU WHITE POORS ARE TAKING MY SPOTS!

seriously.  you cant even GET good domestic help anymore.  even my gardener has a master's from MIT. 

Landscaping is very complicated... you have to check soil pH and all kinds of stuff

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »
@#!* race based AA.

The end.

t...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 06:11:28 PM »
@#!* race based AA.

The end.

Angsty.

Did you read that on a t-shirt at a Young College Republicans meeting somewhere?
Cady on October 16, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

i rhink tyi'm inejying my fudgcicle too much

Huey on February 07, 2007, 11:15:32 PM

I went to a party in an apartment in a silo once.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »
Where are the real conservatives on this thread? You know, not the ones that just jummped on the band wagon when Bush made it cool to be conservative (and now you call yourselfs "liberatrians" cuase your loosing) I guess I'm the only one willing to speak the truth: There is a simple way to end this whole AA debate. Do as Regan said he would (but never did) and as true conservatives still believe we should, and abolish the department of education. No more federal subsidized student loans for anyone. You only go to college if you can afford to pay for it. You make success on your own, not on the g-ment dole.

There is no “right” to education in this country beyond k-12. End that, end loans, and federal help to schools, and there would be no need to give preference to anyone for anything. We created a generation that thinks they deserve something higher education wise. As if everyone, regardless of any factors, has the “right” to go to the best schools. And if some takes “their” place they get all pissy about it.

We started making lazy kids when we started giving them trophies just for playing the game, even though they lost miserably. They now think someone else has taken their “spot” at some school, as if they deserved that spot in the first place. As if they are saying I played the game gimmie my trophy even though I did not win. God forbid they have to go to a lesser ranked school and try being actually good at being a lawyer to be successful. That’s too much work, gimme my trophy for just playing the game, my diploma is from X that means I'm deverse riches even if I suck at my job. There is a political philosophy for you people, and its not republicanism, its communism where everyone gets an equal chance at success becuase we are all "equal" even the lazy ones.   
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TimMitchell

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
We started making lazy kids when we started giving them trophies just for playing the game, even though they lost miserably. They now think someone else has taken their “spot” at some school, as if they deserved that spot in the first place. As if they are saying I played the game gimmie my trophy even though I did not win. God forbid they have to go to a lesser ranked school and try being actually good at being a lawyer to be successful. That’s too much work, gimme my trophy for just playing the game, my diploma is from X that means I'm deverse riches even if I suck at my job. There is a political philosophy for you people, and its not republicanism, its communism where everyone gets an equal chance at success becuase we are all "equal" even the lazy ones.   

I agree with you about this, but I don't think that is more a liberal mentality than a conservative one.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 07:06:09 PM »

You're joking. You need to come to AZ. Mine doesn't even have a green card. Plus, his whole family pitches in to help and it only costs $3 a week.

$3 each or $3 for all of them?  yours dont steal, do they?  i caught mine taking my weeds home to brew tea out of.

JD

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »

You're joking. You need to come to AZ. Mine doesn't even have a green card. Plus, his whole family pitches in to help and it only costs $3 a week.

$3 each or $3 for all of them?  yours dont steal, do they?  i caught mine taking my weeds home to brew tea out of.

$3 for the lot. And no, there's nothing they could take from my yard that would be worth anything. The only valuable object is a 6' saguaro cactus, and good luck trying to sneak that anywhere!

but they could be taking the cactus needles in order to shoot up the crack cocaine.  you should search them before they leave your property.  they might have sand in their pockets too, dont forget, theres only so much of that to go around.  once its gone, its gone.

JD

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 07:52:43 PM »
Going to a lesser-ranked school totally ignores the reality of major debt and employment prospects.  Without saying anything about AA, I think Matthies's post simplifies what can be a career-making (or breaking) deal for many students.  Median at T25 won't get the same firm -- and possible partnership -- that median at GULC might.

This is an emotional issue not because people are complaining about not getting into Yale, but because it's a financial hot-button.

feh on your attempt to bring this back on topic

JD

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 10:53:05 PM »
@#!* race based AA.

The end.

Angsty.

Did you read that on a t-shirt at a Young College Republicans meeting somewhere?

No, actually I grew up as a first generation immigrant with parents from a third-world country who didn't go to college and still managed to do well along with every single other person in our immigrant community, all the while listening to lazy members of so-called 'oppressed' group complain and whine like little bitches while arrogant white liberals who don't know *&^% about the minority experience try to defend them. Oh, btw, I'm not a Republican, and all the members of my race, including the super liberal ones, think race based AA is a piece of *&^%.

Give those advantages to the poor (regardless of race) or no1 at all. I hope Obama becomes prez so that lazy minorities stop playing the race card.