Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: still on waitlist!  (Read 17734 times)

Need Help!

• View Profile
Re: still on waitlist!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
No It wasn't me :'( Oh GOD, should I give upppppppppppppp...I assume giving birth would be easier than the pain I am going through right now LOL (not that I experienced it, but this is damn painful)

lilly22

• Washington & Lee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 12:04:16 AM »
i got off the waitlist today for washington & lee!! yayyy! im finally released from waiting list hell.

i really hope all the rest of you hear soon with offers of acceptance.

need help: did you visit the law school where you're WL? i visited and met with an admissions counselor who gave me his business card, and i repeatedly stalked his email and phone # over the past 3 months or so. I also wrote emails expressing continued interest ever 2 weeks or so, so that my name was always present in the admission dean's inbox. could you request an extra recommendation from someone? i did all this things & they seemed to help me get off the waitlist.

also, check out this website: http://www.lawschoolpower.com/Law_School_Waitlist_Data.htm
it shows what percentage of applicants the law school waitlists, and then how many of those waitlisted are offered admission. this might give you a better idea if you have a shot.

HANG IN THERE!

justjeffrey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »
Another sad walk back from the mailbox today. Still no word from Western or Thomas J...
NeedHelp...if you and I get in we are gonna have to celebrate.

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2008, 01:53:44 AM »
Lilly Congratulations!. I get so happy when I hear people from this list get off the WL,and thanks for the info.
JustJeffery, I knowwww...we should...
Maybe Wednesday be the day! :-[

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2008, 01:58:16 AM »
hey jeff, im still waiting on tj too.

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2008, 09:29:49 AM »
Another sad walk back from the mailbox today. Still no word from Western or Thomas J...
NeedHelp...if you and I get in we are gonna have to celebrate.

Isn't it a little late in the year for schools to be sending things via snail mail? I got in off two waitlists, one via email and one with a phonecall. HTH.

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
The school starts in less than a month..and I am starting to get butterflies in my stomatch.
It is after 2 so I guess no call today :-\

moops

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »

I got off a WL via USPS Priority Mail (no phone call), so there's nothing wrong with having hope for good news in the mail!  Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.  I am still waiting on a couple of reaches so I am not giving up hope yet!

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2008, 05:55:06 PM »
hey guys,

I am in tears. I ust checked my status and it says a final decision has been mailed then I called to ask if it was rejection?! she first put me on hold and then she came back saying "you have to wait for the mail" so is this rejection?????

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »
Don't despair quite yet. It certainly sounds like a rejection, but each school has their own policy about telling applicants over the phone. Have you looked at past threads to see if they have been willing to give news to other applicants on the phone?