Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: still on waitlist!  (Read 17909 times)

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: still on waitlist!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »

looks like i will be attending my safety school unless i hear something soon!

:'(

safety school for me too.  I am giving OU just two more weeks...
University of Oklahoma '11

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »
another day with no news! :(

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:15 PM »
MMhhm. Same here. I am really dragging my feet about packing and moving since my #1 is in the town I currently live in.

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »
I think if I don't here back, I am going to wait a year(I can't make my mind dammit), and re-take the LSAT :(  What are they doing!? they need to hurry...

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »
At this point, I think almost all schools are finished with 99%-100% of their waitlist acceptances. Now we are waiting for the one kid at HYS to drop out, creating a cascade of withdrawals and acceptances.

Obviously, the one kid doesn't have to go to HYS, but the effects of a single withdrawal will only impact schools below.

Acceptances now are in the "miracle' category.

bobjr

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »
Is that based on observation? I've always wondered how the breakdown on WL movement goes-- you don't think there is a good amount of endgame movement?

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 07:43:06 PM »
Well, obviously I haven't been paying attention to all schools. The ones I have been tracking do the overwhelming majority of their waitlist acceptances by the end of June. After that, there are a few more (usually one a few days before classes start) and that's it.

I am sure all schools are not the same. What have you guys been seeing? I would love a ray of hope.

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 09:00:45 PM »
I don't think I can wait the 2 weeks I stated earlier... I am seriously freaking out.  I am gonna call tomorrow and check my status.  I need something, anything.
University of Oklahoma '11

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »
i feel all you, ive been waitlisted since march, but im ganna stick it out because i really wanna go to the school im wl'ed at.

Need Help!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 02:23:28 AM »
Vjm, Even that I am very frustrated of waiting, but I have heard a lot of schools waiting lists start moving in July. (since the deadline for the snd deposit for most of the schools were mid June) My friend last year got off her wait list on Aug 3?! so there are still hope...However someone needs to give me hope because I am going insane :'(...I don't even know how my days go by anymore...and I have to move if I get in, so this is really killing me because I don't know how to move in a short notice....well lets hope for a good news today!