Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WHERE SHOULD I APPLY GPA:3.6, LSAT:???  (Read 905 times)

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
WHERE SHOULD I APPLY GPA:3.6, LSAT:???
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
Hello All,

So I'm taking the October LSAT, but I want to start on the applications as early as possible, like now!!!

I have a 3.6, which is okay, but I'm hoping/ working on getting a 170 (or better) on the LSAT, but since I have not taken it yet, I don't even know what schools to set my eyes on yet. I'm in kind of a limbo..does anyone have any suggestion of what to do?

Thanks
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

jammer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WHERE SHOULD I APPLY GPA:3.6, LSAT:???
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 02:19:59 PM »
Generally, people are going to tell you to take the real LSAT before you start looking at schools. It's a different kind of animal, and even practice tests are misleading in predicting results. In the meantime, the most you can do is practice, practice, practice the LSAT. Talk to practicing attorneys to get a sense of what they do (and if you want to do it). Also, start thinking about where you want to live. We all want to go to a T14, but you want to find a school that places well in your region with a good local reputation.

Good Luck.

supermario

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 02:21:32 PM »
its kinda pointless to think about starting applications before you have an LSAT score. most schools do not even post their applications until about september (i think).  Besides studying hard and rocking the lsat, you can begin working on your personal statement and find people to send in letters of recommendations.  Having the recommendations done early will be a huge relief when you have your lsat score and can begin sending in applications.

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
thanks!!! that was helpful...I guess I'm off to making the LSAT my female dog, at least I hope so
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition