Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI after transfer  (Read 1065 times)

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OCI after transfer
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »
If some big law firms interview at the new school only people in the
top 15% and one transfer student was in the top 15% at their old
school, does it mean that they can be interviewed along with the top
15% students at the new school?

Thanks
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

bucky

• badgerbadgerbadger
    • AOL Instant Messenger - you+have+to+ask.
    • View Profile
Re: OCI after transfer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 04:42:13 PM »
depends on the school.  call the director of admissions, they should know.

We have recently learned that bucky rocks out pretty hard.

justuskuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
I doubt it.  i think most employers treat you as if you are a top 15% student at your old school.  If they would have interviewed the top 15% at your old school, then I think they would interview you now.  But if you went to a T2, T3, T4 and the firm doesn't interview at there, I think it is unlikely they would treat you like a top student at your new school for interview purposes.  Definitely ask the career services office at your new school, and research where the firm normally interviews.  If you're coming from a T1, it's more likely you'd get an interview. 

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »
I doubt it.  i think most employers treat you as if you are a top 15% student at your old school.  If they would have interviewed the top 15% at your old school, then I think they would interview you now.  But if you went to a T2, T3, T4 and the firm doesn't interview at there, I think it is unlikely they would treat you like a top student at your new school for interview purposes.  Definitely ask the career services office at your new school, and research where the firm normally interviews.  If you're coming from a T1, it's more likely you'd get an interview. 

FWIW my friend transferred from a tier 4 to a top 20 and had no problem getting interviews and eventually getting hired at a very prestigious firm...a firm that didn't interview at the old t4...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament