Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOD Round 1 Results  (Read 5489 times)

Dionysus0

• View Profile
Re: BOD Round 1 Results
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 06:03:09 PM »
This keeps me distracted from waiting for my LSAT test results.

TimMitchell

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »
This keeps me distracted from waiting for my LSAT test results.
Exactly.... hopefully my LSAT will lock in a spot with the BOD finalists and not preclude acceptance  :o

Anyway, I just wanted to thank Ninja for all his effort creating and maintaining this. Sounds like something I would do and get bored with after a first round then stop... I'm sure it takes a lot of work to get all of it together.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »
Who wants to bet the T25 on US NEWS = T25 BOD ?

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 06:52:55 PM »
total b.s. that IU bloomington showed how it did....bunch of misinformed voters...
samford's also a way better school than its voting showed...

Dionysus0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »
Chill, Tha Trev

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
total b.s. that IU bloomington showed how it did....bunch of misinformed voters...

Umm, last I checked IU Bloomington is a pretty good school .  Sure it's no UPenn, but it's certainly every bit as good as American WCL. 

How do you figure people are misinformed?  Or are you saying that it's a better school than the votes reflect?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »

Umm, last I checked IU Bloomington is a pretty good school .  Sure it's no UPenn, but it's certainly every bit as good as American WCL. 

How do you figure people are misinformed?  Or are you saying that it's a better school than the votes reflect?

I think he's saying IUB should have done better. But it moved on, and that's what counts. I'll probably rank schools eliminated in the same round by the votes they receive, but until then, IUB it still fighting the good fight.

Also yes, Samford is a better school than its ranking here shows, but the University of North Dakota is a better school than the 4th Tier. There's always injustice in rankings.

On the likelihood of our T25 = the USNWR T25, I don't think it will be exact. Due to the random groupings, we're almost guaranteed to lose some high ranking schools before the end. Also, for my money, Harvard will win.

And thank you to everyone that's supportive in our little endeavor. I don't mind running it, I have a lot of free time before I start law school, it keeps me busy, and it keeps you guys distracted from dwelling on your LSAT.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »

I think he's saying IUB should have done better. But it moved on, and that's what counts. I'll probably rank schools eliminated in the same round by the votes they receive, but until then, IUB it still fighting the good fight.

Also yes, Samford is a better school than its ranking here shows, but the University of North Dakota is a better school than the 4th Tier. There's always injustice in rankings.

And thank you to everyone that's supportive in our little endeavor. I don't mind running it, I have a lot of free time before I leave, it keeps me busy, and it keeps you guys distracted from dwelling on your LSAT.

Thank goodness that whole thing is behind me now.  All that's left is this pesky little formality they call Law School!

TimMitchell

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »

Shenanigans! The BOD admin can't make predictions about the winner

On the likelihood of our T25 = the USNWR T25, I don't think it will be exact. Due to the random groupings, we're almost guaranteed to lose some high ranking schools before the end. Also, for my money, Harvard will win.

And thank you to everyone that's supportive in our little endeavor. I don't mind running it, I have a lot of free time before I start law school, it keeps me busy, and it keeps you guys distracted from dwelling on your LSAT.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »
Good point, DS! We do have 5 bazillion pages of fanboy love after all.