Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long did it take you to finish UG?  (Read 1712 times)

myfriendtoldmeimkeen

• View Profile
    • Why White People are so Smart
How long did it take you to finish UG?
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:26:42 AM »
I would like to know for my own reasons... And if it wasn't 4 years, could you please explain why (AP/IB credit, summer sessions or w/e)? Thanks.
Pretending to be black all day errrrrrr day. Can't stop won't stop.

wcombs65

• View Profile
Re: How long did it take you to finish UG?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 04:26:54 AM »
5 years.  It wasn't 4 because:  Why the hell would I want to shorten the best time of my life?  I knew Law School was waiting.  I wanted to enjoy it.

myfriendtoldmeimkeen

• View Profile
    • Why White People are so Smart
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 04:40:09 AM »
5 years.  It wasn't 4 because:  Why the hell would I want to shorten the best time of my life?  I knew Law School was waiting.  I wanted to enjoy it.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Dude seriously that's what I want to do... plus it will give me more opportunities to travel (study abroad), volunteer, and all that stuff (not to mention applications and the LSAT).

The only thing is, people keep saying OMFG YOU"RE A TARD YOU NEED TO GRADUATE IN 4 YEARS OR LESS LOLO OR YOU WILL FAIL LIFE.

Do you mind sharing where you were accepted? Thanks.
Pretending to be black all day errrrrrr day. Can't stop won't stop.

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 05:41:01 AM »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Dude seriously that's what I want to do... plus it will give me more opportunities to travel (study abroad), volunteer, and all that stuff (not to mention applications and the LSAT).

The only thing is, people keep saying OMFG YOU"RE A TARD YOU NEED TO GRADUATE IN 4 YEARS OR LESS LOLO OR YOU WILL FAIL LIFE.

Do you mind sharing where you were accepted? Thanks.

OMG like like OMG. It's like so like that dude. OMG. Like.

wrhssaxensemble

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:39:57 AM »
I would like to know for my own reasons... And if it wasn't 4 years, could you please explain why (AP/IB credit, summer sessions or w/e)? Thanks.

I was Summa cum Laude, 90 page thesis, Phi Beta Kappa/Phi Kappa Phi/Golden Key/Pi Sigma Alpha/Phi Alpha Theta, Dean's list every semester, BA in Poli Sci with second major in History and a certificate in International Relations. It only took me 4 years. However, if I took 2 extra classes (non-history even), I would have gotten a second BA in History. Kicking myself I didn't take two summer classes at some point or another.... oh well

I know a lot of people (mostly from clubs I was in and the school's band) that did not graduate in four years though and have turned out quite successful so its not a big deal

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »

I was Summa cum Laude, 90 page thesis, Phi Beta Kappa/Phi Kappa Phi/Golden Key/Pi Sigma Alpha/Phi Alpha Theta, Dean's list every semester, BA in Poli Sci with second major in History and a certificate in International Relations. It only took me 4 years. However, if I took 2 extra classes (non-history even), I would have gotten a second BA in History. Kicking myself I didn't take two summer classes at some point or another.... oh well

I know a lot of people (mostly from clubs I was in and the school's band) that did not graduate in four years though and have turned out quite successful so its not a big deal

Thanks for sharing  ::)
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

wrhssaxensemble

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »

Thanks for sharing  ::)

That was more to show how busy I was along with my PT jobs but was still able to graduate in 4 years. Reading over it again, it does seem more like way to brag about myself but I meant to only put it in there to show how busy I was. Essentially my point is that I think most students, no matter how busy, should be able to graduate in 4 years. But, as I had said, if you do not you will probably be fine as I have noticed with other students I know.

ZooLander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
I came in with 10 AP credits and 16 retro credits (German) so I graduated in 3.5 years.  The reasons I did so were two-fold: 1) Less loans and 2) I was already working 30 hours per week and partying 20, so I was tired of having exams and papers cramping my style.  You can work and still hang out with your college friends and enjoy college life.  But not having to worry about grades and GPA made me enjoy life in that last year so much more.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »
3 years with 8 AP exams.

It was just time to be done, I had the credits, so I submitted a form to the registrar. Kind of felt weird actually.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

1Lchica

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 12:48:20 PM »
3.33 years (quarter school), went two summers