Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To anyone that is applying to transfer...  (Read 1385 times)

Orbits

• View Profile
    • Email
To anyone that is applying to transfer...
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »
How did you do LORs? I wanted to make it easier on my letter writers so I had them send their letters to LSAC. However, when LSAC received them they just grouped these new letters with the 2 old ones i used when applying from undergrad. lsac says they send them to schools that i apply to, but i'm not applying through lsac this time around so they won't know where to send them... any help is appreciated.

ILoveItWhenYouHateUs

• View Profile
Re: To anyone that is applying to transfer...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »
How did you do LORs? I wanted to make it easier on my letter writers so I had them send their letters to LSAC. However, when LSAC received them they just grouped these new letters with the 2 old ones i used when applying from undergrad. lsac says they send them to schools that i apply to, but i'm not applying through lsac this time around so they won't know where to send them... any help is appreciated.
I don't know if you figured it out yet but you have to name the LORs (I named mine "trsnsfer") then you choose the law school you want LSAC to send them to. It's plain and simp.

Orbits

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
I don't know if you figured it out yet but you have to name the LORs (I named mine "trsnsfer") then you choose the law school you want LSAC to send them to. It's plain and simp.

what i did was designate the ones from last year as "inactive" and so i have 4 letters showing: 2 from last year and 2 from this year. so i'm guessing lsdas just sends out the 2 new ones when schools request my report right?

ILoveItWhenYouHateUs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:03:37 AM »

what i did was designate the ones from last year as "inactive" and so i have 4 letters showing: 2 from last year and 2 from this year. so i'm guessing lsdas just sends out the 2 new ones when schools request my report right?
Step one: Pick "Add Law School" and this will add a new LS to your LOR list
Step two: Pick which letters you want sent.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
The method Orbits suggested is correct.  That is what LSAC told me to do. 

scaredandafraid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »
For those of you who are in the process of trying to transfer, did you feel like asking for LORs from your law profs negatively affected your relationship with them? Would you feel comfortable asking them for future LORs if the transferring thing doesn't work out?

ILoveItWhenYouHateUs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:30:32 AM »
For those of you who are in the process of trying to transfer, did you feel like asking for LORs from your law profs negatively affected your relationship with them? Would you feel comfortable asking them for future LORs if the transferring thing doesn't work out?
I felt weird, at first. But, both my recommending profs engaged me in separate, long discussions in which we weighed the pros and cons of transferring. After that, both were wholeheartedly behind my transfer attempt and sincerely wished me good luck when I told them I had succeeded in transferring.