Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How sensitive are the LSAT answer sheets?  (Read 886 times)

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
How sensitive are the LSAT answer sheets?
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:48:48 PM »
I am wondering how sensitive the answer sheets are in terms of picking up markings.  I had to erase on several questions to change answers, and though I erased as thoroughly as possible, I'm still worried that the machine will pick it up.  Is it worth it for me to have it hand-graded, or is there very little chance that any of my answers will be affected?

Thanks.

Eastern09

• View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
Re: How sensitive are the LSAT answer sheets?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »
I was wondering this as well, because I had eraser issues on the test.  If I get the exam handscored, can I do that after the fact or do I need to do that before scores are released?  I don't want to pay $40 if I don't have to.  When you get the results back can you see your scantron to check for machine errors?
University of Kentucky College of Law - Class of 2012

GPA = 3.9
LSAT = 156

Lawschoolnumbers.com
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/lawbound09

econtutorNV

• Sr. Citizen
  • Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »
On my answer sheet from my first test I can clearly see where I erased, and it didn't pick anything up. If you're really worried about it you get to see your answer sheet when your score posts, and you can then get it handscored if there are some obvious places that you didn't erase enough.
UGPA-3.33 LSAT-164

In- Tulane ($$), Baylor, USD, Santa Clara ($), IU-B ($), Loyola
Out-Minnesota. UIUC
WL-Notre Dame, Hastings
Pending- Emory, WUSTL, W & L, Davis, GULC PT, GMU, GW PT, UC-I (gotta dream, right?)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »
I had a pretty obvious eraser spot that was scored correctly. I think as long as you erased well enough you're good to go. Like econtutorNV said, you get to see your answer sheet once they release your score and you can make sure that you didn't have any problems then.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.