Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola Patent Interview Program  (Read 816 times)

antsor5

• View Profile
Loyola Patent Interview Program
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »
Anybody else apply to this. I know a week from today we're supposed to find out if we got interviews. Anybody know about anyone whose done this program in the past....any success?

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: Loyola Patent Interview Program
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »
I had some friends who had success.  I skipped this year since there were only 15 firms interviewing 3Ls in CA.  The possible $3M plane ticket didn't seem worth it.

Good luck.  It can be intense.  And it looks like a lawyer army.  And I got to spend a bunch of time hanging out in Chicago, whereupon I learned it is a real city.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:25:24 PM »
I had some friends who had success.  I skipped this year since there were only 15 firms interviewing 3Ls in CA.  The possible $3M plane ticket didn't seem worth it.

Good luck.  It can be intense.  And it looks like a lawyer army.  And I got to spend a bunch of time hanging out in Chicago, whereupon I learned it is a real city.

Thanks for the response! its encouraging that some of your friends had success there. I'm assuming this is set up like a campus OCI in a way....20 minute interview and then if they like you they call you back to their main office sometime in august....is that correct?
Did your friends have many interviews in chicago/ translate to many callback?
Thanks

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »

Thanks for the response! its encouraging that some of your friends had success there. I'm assuming this is set up like a campus OCI in a way....20 minute interview and then if they like you they call you back to their main office sometime in august....is that correct?
Thanks

callbacks are usually later than august since they may also want to interview people at schools.  but, yes, that's how it worked.  I think 2 of 5 of us are at the jobs from Chicago.  (i might be wrong, i can't stay on top of what everyone is doing.)
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

Thanks

callbacks are usually later than august since they may also want to interview people at schools.  but, yes, that's how it worked.  I think 2 of 5 of us are at the jobs from Chicago.  (i might be wrong, i can't stay on top of what everyone is doing.)

thanks again. a final question if you don't mind. Did you remember how long after the loyola program you got call back offers? I know with fall oci its pretty quick, I wasnt sure if the program operated the same way. Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, which law school you go to? Thanks!

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »
I didn't get call backs.  i believe people began to eb notified in September.

i go to USF

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
I didn't get call backs.  i believe people began to eb notified in September.

i go to USF

sorry, i think there was a misunderstanding...i meant when after the 20 min interview in chicago did firms tell them they were selected for a call back...usually for oci its a day to a week after the initial interview...i feel like september, over a month, is too much..

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
Then I don't know.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:38:28 AM »
Interview schedules are up...
anybody else gonna be there?