Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 08 Stories  (Read 6282 times)

Blonde Ambition

• View Profile
Re: June 08 Stories
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »
Halfway through section 2 of the test, the proctor told us to close our books. I was freaking out because I thought time was up already.

Then they informed us that someone got ill and they would resume the test once they cleaned up the situation. Its a good thing they did because the room I was in wasn't very large, and the smell of someones barf would definitely distract everyone.

I'm just glad that I didn't get that nervous. Poor kid.
Tulane v. Emory

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: June 08 Stories
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 03:45:32 AM »
This story I've already told on here, and it was from the February 08 test, but I thought I would share it anyways. I had already decided that this was the only time I could take the LSAT was on that Saturday, February 2nd because I want to apply this september and on February 5th I was leaving the country for a year. So this was my only shot. I layed everything I needed out the night before in a plastic bag with my wallet, ID, and everything. I woke up at like 6 30 or whatever and cruised downtown from my parents house about an hour before the LSAT. I get to the parking garage and park my car, and before getting out I checked to make sure I had everything. I could not find my ID, even though I remembered putting it there the night before. I was dumbfounded. I called my mom and she flipped out on me for being an idiot and not preparaing, ignoring that I had said it was in there the night before and that someone must have taken it out. She finds it in my and told her about it, and she said it was sitting in some papers on our kitchen table. She was SOOOO mad at me, just yelling at me and cursing and what not. Like piss and vinegar. I was just confused about how that happened, but I went up to the proctor and told her about it, and that my mom was bringing it down. She was cool, and said ok, but I was still freaking out. This was literally my only chance to take it. Without this, I would have to take overseas, which I did NOT want to do, or wait another year. Like 4 minutes before the doors close, she pulls up and it was so funny because her attitude was completely reversed. She had been so angry, but she rolls down the window, gives me the ID, and says: "[my name], calm down. This wasn't your fault. You just need to relax. Do your best."

In the long run, it worked out, because I scored right where I had been testing with a 171. Turns out my dad, nervous about me going overseas, had taken my ID from my bag and made copies of it for me to take with me. Ugh.