Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 08 Stories  (Read 6223 times)

TimMitchell

June 08 Stories
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »
Not exactly a horror story, but I thought it was funny enough to post here. Plus this board is stagnant and I want to hear more June 08 LSAT stories.

Our proctor was pretty accommodating, not only did she bring extra pencils and an electric pencil sharpener for everyone, but she also brought a huge clock to place on a chair at the front of the room. The room was a huge auditorium with a large stage. A few of the girls that sat on the far side of the room complained the couldn't see the clock. The proctor (who was 15 minutes late getting there) spent about 10 minutes moving the clock so everyone could see it, that is until she bumped into two large folding tables and knocked them off the stage. Of course, as most proctors are, she was like 50 years old and moving slowly. A few students that were right next to where the tables fell offered to help but she insisted she could do it. Anyway, we all had to watch as she struggled to move these huge folding tables back on the stage and set them up.

My personal horror that day: forgot my glasses (don't need them to read though, but they still help) and almost wet myself during the last 15 minutes of section 3.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: June 08 Stories
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »
ahaha, Tim, I hear you on the Section 3 15 minutes thing. I went to the bathroom right before I went in and registered for obvious reasons. However, no matter the situation, as soon as I know that I don't have free access to the bathroom I get fidgety about it. So of course, as soon as I'm registered and I sit down I think 'oh God, I've got to go' but knowing the rules, didn't ask to get up and leave. Anyway, I had a whole plan mastered about how i could wet myself and cover it up using the extra sweater i brought. Thankfully it never came to that.

BarryLaine

• Sr. Citizen
  • "My aim is true..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
My testing center - a big hotel in Los Angeles - was wild.  We started VERY late because the proctors were a bit unorganized and some people complained about dim lighting.  The lighting fiasco led to hotel workers laying out individual desk lamps for everyone in the section where there was a complaint...and this was after no more bathroom trips were allowed.  15 minutes into section 3?  Try 20 minutes into section 2.  A riot was barely avoided.  Good times.

I already signed up for a better location in October just in case I have to retake.  I'll gladly forgo the $80 or $90 bucks I won't be refunded just for the piece of mind of not having to go back to angry mob day at the ballroom.

RedneckLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 05:48:57 PM »
Probably my own fault for living in the middle of nowhere but for me the closest test center is an hour and a half away.  I was kind of afraid that something would happen, so I left early enough to get to the city an hour and a half early.  Of course, I get a craving for Subway, which is all the way on the other side of town, about as far away from the college where the test is being proctored as you can get.  I finish my sub and calmly go to start my car.  It doesn't start.  I try again.  No go.  I say to myself that it's just a fluke and it's done that before (which it has) and maybe if I just give it 10 minutes it will start (like it had before). 
So I come back 10 minutes later and it still is not starting.  At this point I'm checking all the fluids in my car, trying to see if anything is low/empty and everything is perfect.  I consider myself a pretty calm person but at this point I've wasted another half-hour (after wasting a half-hour eating) and so there's no way I can walk/run to the testing center from where I am.  Luckily some kind soul saw me and offered me a ride because he thought I looked like I was late for work!  So, after completely freaking out I ended up getting there 15 minutes early.  Amazingly after the test I got back to my car and it started right up and got me all the way home.  Miraculously that was the last time that car started.  Don't think it affected my score as much as the groupthink rc passage though.

TimMitchell

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »
Probably my own fault for living in the middle of nowhere but for me the closest test center is an hour and a half away.  I was kind of afraid that something would happen, so I left early enough to get to the city an hour and a half early.  Of course, I get a craving for Subway, which is all the way on the other side of town, about as far away from the college where the test is being proctored as you can get.  I finish my sub and calmly go to start my car.  It doesn't start.  I try again.  No go.  I say to myself that it's just a fluke and it's done that before (which it has) and maybe if I just give it 10 minutes it will start (like it had before). 
So I come back 10 minutes later and it still is not starting.  At this point I'm checking all the fluids in my car, trying to see if anything is low/empty and everything is perfect.  I consider myself a pretty calm person but at this point I've wasted another half-hour (after wasting a half-hour eating) and so there's no way I can walk/run to the testing center from where I am.  Luckily some kind soul saw me and offered me a ride because he thought I looked like I was late for work!  So, after completely freaking out I ended up getting there 15 minutes early.  Amazingly after the test I got back to my car and it started right up and got me all the way home.  Miraculously that was the last time that car started.  Don't think it affected my score as much as the groupthink rc passage though.

Wow your pretty lucky. In that situation I can just see myself busting into the testing center 30 minutes late, drenced in sweat and dehydrated while babbling about my broken car.

ak362

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 10:05:18 AM »
Not really a horror story, but...

Left the house at around 10, to pick up a number of things then trek on over to campus to take the shuttle to the place where the LSAT was being held. It was sunny, 80 degrees, one of those Sesame Street-type sunny days.

Went to the test center, started the LSAT, everything went fine... until section 4, when the clouds rolled on over and the thunder boomed in the distance. Suddenly, I could tell everyone's focus went from marzipan-filled cake (or whatever section they were on) to the fact that their commute home would be a wet one. Since it IS D.C., and a lot of people (including myself) take public transportation, it'd be a soggy trip home.

The thunderstorm was a bit distracting though. Hard to think about CD reviews when you've got Mother Nature playing with lightning and thunder.

RedneckLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 10:28:47 AM »
Wow your pretty lucky. In that situation I can just see myself busting into the testing center 30 minutes late, drenced in sweat and dehydrated while babbling about my broken car.

I had already started making plans for October. Of course, I wore flip-flops because I thought it'd be more comfortable during the test.  So I would have been seen running the streets in flip-flops carrying nothing but a ziplock bag.

TimMitchell

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:33:12 AM »

I had already started making plans for October. Of course, I wore flip-flops because I thought it'd be more comfortable during the test.  So I would have been seen running the streets in flip-flops carrying nothing but a ziplock bag.

I bet your conversation with the Samaritan that picked you up went something like this "OhMyGodICan'tThankYouEnoughForPickingMeUp!!!!I'dBeLateForThisLSATTestThatBas icillyWillDetermineTheNextThr eeYearsOfMyLifeIfNotMore!!!", etc

RedneckLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »

I bet your conversation with the Samaritan that picked you up went something like this "OhMyGodICan'tThankYouEnoughForPickingMeUp!!!!I'dBeLateForThisLSATTestThatBas icillyWillDetermineTheNextThr eeYearsOfMyLifeIfNotMore!!!", etc

Yeah, I think I kinda scared the poor guy.  Then on top of it he offered to give me a ride back to my car after the test.  I gotta say, Karma better get that guy like a winning lottery ticket for giving me a ride and having to listen to my insane rantings both to and from the test.

TimMitchell

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 12:20:26 PM »

Yeah, I think I kinda scared the poor guy.  Then on top of it he offered to give me a ride back to my car after the test.  I gotta say, Karma better get that guy like a winning lottery ticket for giving me a ride and having to listen to my insane rantings both to and from the test.

Wow, he picked you up to? That guy does deserve a metal. He must have some upcoming legal problems that he wants you to do pro-bono