Law School Discussion

Email...

Email...
« on: June 18, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »
So I just logged into my email and the first item sitting in my inbox is an email from LSAC..which granted Im thinking there is just no way in hell. So I open it and they kindly wanted to inform me that they had updated my account with the SS# that I had on my answer sheet (not sure as to why they didn't have it before). But still it did provide for an interesting moment. I guess it would have been worse if this had happened in a week or so because by then I would have actually considered the chance it could have been the score.

Anyways, I guess that means they are processing our answer sheets... :o

TimMitchell

Re: Email...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »
So I just logged into my email and the first item sitting in my inbox is an email from LSAC..which granted Im thinking there is just no way in hell. So I open it and they kindly wanted to inform me that they had updated my account with the SS# that I had on my answer sheet (not sure as to why they didn't have it before). But still it did provide for an interesting moment. I guess it would have been worse if this had happened in a week or so because by then I would have actually considered the chance it could have been the score.

How on earth did they get them so quick? I don't know why the LSAT isn't administered electronically like the GMAT, you get your score instantly and their isn't a huge chance you're going to misbubble or something like that.

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »

How on earth did they get them so quick? I don't know why the LSAT isn't administered electronically like the GMAT, you get your score instantly and their isn't a huge chance you're going to misbubble or something like that.

There was a thread on this a while ago.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
how do you think the actual process goes? Like do they just input any missing info. then run them through the machines or viseversa? It seems so early to think that mine has already been corrected?!?!??

instant score would be amazing. I do wish that as you hand in your answer sheet they could just run it through the machine and give you a printout of your score. Would probably improve a lot of people's health at this point.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
That would be nice and all except for the fact that they have to make a scale which I really hope plays to our favor for the June takers. 

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 09:49:56 AM »
That would be nice and all except for the fact that they have to make a scale which I really hope plays to our favor for the June takers. 

I think the scale is made in advance.

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »

I think the scale is made in advance.

This is what I thought too.  Anyone know for certain (i.e., can toss up a link or something)?

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:55:54 AM »
I was figuring that would be the only thing that would take three weeks to get us our scores.  So what takes so long? 

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »
1 week cancellation period plus 2 weeks to investigate misbehaving test-takers and proctors?

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
How can the scale be made in advance? Surely the way it works it is figured out based on how difficult, those taking the test, found it to be? If the absolute best score on the test is 95/100, then surely a 180 should be 95 non? Or will that sort of issue merely be reflected in percentile? I didn't think it was arbitrarily made based on how difficult they thought the test would be, but rather, how the difficult the test actually was. I re-read the little thing in the intro that talks about this but all it talks about is score bands and SEM and accuracy coefficients or something like that. If it's pre-determined, that may kind of suck.