Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why is Cooley Law so despised?  (Read 35517 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Why is Cooley Law so despised?
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2010, 09:48:50 PM »
Guy, you say that you didnt say something and then quote yourself saying it. Being long winded dosn't make poo into pudding.

---------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

I never made a statement that reflects the assertion that I somehow represented myself to know what anyone's GPA is at Cooley law school.  I merely said that you won't see Cooley students with 4.0 UGPA and 175 LSAT scores.  Perhaps you should reread my post.  Since I doubt you have the ability or desire to do so, I will quote myself and make your life easier:
"You will not see a Cooley One L with a 4.0 UGPA and a 175 on their LSAT."
That statement cannot be reasonably construed to mean that I "know what everyones GPA is at cooley". 

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »
I remember cowards makeing the same statement a few years back that "you won't see people in the army that could make it in the real world" I highly suspect I'm dealing with such a twig right now.

------------------------------------------------------------
  Be a realist.  You aren't doing yourself or anyone else any favors lying to yourself and convincing yourself that Cooley, widely held to be the worst ABA approved law school in the nation, is a top flight law school that students who COULD attend tier 1 school CHOOSE to attend.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31:10 AM »
not be haters.

Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2010, 10:24:21 PM »
deletion

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
You claimed I made a statement about knowing the numbers of every Cooley student.  That isn't even close to what I said.  I made a claim that no one at cooley has a CERTAIN combination.
Maybe your legal writing class hasn't discussed the importance of words yet.
Here's an example of words that say what you *think* I tried to say:
"ALL students at cooley have UGPA's under 4.0 and LSAT scores under 175."  While that is arguably true, it is far different than what I said:

The reasoning behind this statement is simple: a 4.0 and 175 will get you a full ride scholarship at several schools.  I can verify, with complete confidence, that these scores will get you a full ride at, say, DePaul (I know a student who got a full ride there with a 3.7 and a 172), Kent (I know a student who got a full ride with a 3.5 and a 170) as well as many other schools rated FAR higher than Cooley.

I do like how reasonable you've come off throughout this discussion.  In a thread asking why Cooley Law is so despised, you've chosen to take umbrage with people who attempt to answer that very question.  Good on ya!
Also, I firmly believe that most folks are capable of making it in the real world.  Of course, most folks have a sense of logic, humility and reality.  People who refuse to accept simple, widely held truths about the quality of their school do not qualify as possessing logic, humility, and a sense of reality.
Again - good luck to you.  I hope Cooley is able to provide you with access to your aspirations.  There is no need to get upset.  You shouldn't care much about what other people think anyway. 

Guy, you say that you didnt say something and then quote yourself saying it. Being long winded dosn't make poo into pudding.

---------------------------------------------------

I never made a statement that reflects the assertion that I somehow represented myself to know what anyone's GPA is at Cooley law school.  I merely said that you won't see Cooley students with 4.0 UGPA and 175 LSAT scores.  Perhaps you should reread my post.  Since I doubt you have the ability or desire to do so, I will quote myself and make your life easier:
That statement cannot be reasonably construed to mean that I "know what everyones GPA is at cooley". 
[/quote]

TheCause

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »
The ABA should cut off a lot of law schools. 

I am not sure how they should decide which schools to discredit, but Cooley would probably be on the list under any formulation.

But what do I know?  I also think the 2L and 3L years should become apprenticeship requirements.
Finish an ABA accredited 1L year, Complete 2000-3000 hours at an approved employer, take whatever additional classes your employer likes and whatever classes you think you need for the Bar Exam.

Not only would the educational experience be more valuable, but if you didn't get into a school in the area you'd like to work, then you could still be an apprentice in your preferred area and take classes (like barbri) tailored to your state's bar exam.

Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2010, 01:50:31 PM »
Cooley & Whittier  8)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2010, 06:43:27 PM »
is whittier still on probation?
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

petermharrington

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »

Doesn't it seem like Appalachian is much worse than Cooley and Whittier?

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2010, 01:40:37 AM »
jury is still out on that one, its too new.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD