Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Don't forgets for Monday...  (Read 1748 times)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Don't forgets for Monday...
« on: June 15, 2008, 03:23:59 AM »
Feel free to add more:

*Photo ID (and make sure your ID has the name exactly as you registered - My license abbreviated my name for some reason, so I had to find my passport.)

*Gallon sized ziplock bag.  No larger size is allowed.  First thing to put in it is your LSAC form.  Stick an extra copy in your car tomorrow.  Just in case.

*Adequate pencils and sharpener (I need my pencils to be razor sharp or I can't think.  Seriously.  :P)

*Leave your cell phone in your car or at home.

*Analogue watch.  They'll confiscate your digital one.

*Snack and water.  Bananas are perfect, if you like that kind of stuff.

*Not too much caffeine.  No more than you usually consume. Seriously, this is not the day to think some is good, so more must be better.  (I know this from experience.)

*Dress comfortably.  There's no one to impress.

*Practice writing in cursive.  Yes, you have to write a whole statement in cursive.  LSAC really, really wants you to do it in cursive.

Okay, that's all I can recall at the moment (having taken this damn thing twice already.)  Expect distractions.  And frankly, don't take it if you're sick or stressed cause your cat died or if you've just started a new medication with significant side effects (another one I know from experience.)  It's June, you can still take in October.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: Don't forgets for Monday...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »
Don't forget... To leave mechanical pencils at home. One guy almost had nothing to write with today, they will not let you use them :P
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
For Canadians: Don't forget to have an appropriate sized picture of yourself with your name, your registration number and the your test centre number on the back, stapled to your ticket. I'm pretty sure those are the three things you need written on the back but double check with the book to make sure your picture meets those specifications! This was the one thing I was worried about forgetting.

youallscareme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »
in cursive? are you serious?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »
Yes, in cursive.  I know a few people who have gotten away with a somewhat "connected" printing, but I also know of a few who printed who were asked specifically by LSAC or the proctors to re-write the statement in cursive.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Laura Roslin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »
Slightly off topic: I really hate the ziplock bag rule.  I'm taking public transportation to the test, and I'm not thrilled about traveling with my wallet and keys clearly visible.  :-\  I plan to carry the ziplock bag in a plastic shopping bag on my way to the test.  But on the way back, if the proctor makes me throw the shopping bag away...ugh.

On topic: bring headache medication, just in case.  I'm also bringing a copy of The Onion to read on the bus, just so I don't drive myself crazy. 
I have a PhD in horribleness!

LSN

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
Laura, if you're using just a regular plastic shopping bag, just roll it into a ball and put it in your ziplock.

space for rent.

zachanson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
no ball pens?
not needed, and not allowed?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »
Not needed (and probably not allowed.)  The LSAC bubble sheet (just like the ones in the back of the Next 10 books) are all done in pencil.

space for rent.

TurboGirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - turbogirl3535
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »

VERY IMPORTANT:  Dress in layers!  When I took my LSAT, they pumped the AC and then cut it off later. The only way this wouldn't have affected you is you had like a hoody to take on or off depending up the current room climate.  I heard people female dog about this during the break making me very happy I came prepared.   Seriously, BRING A SWEATSHIRT.

Actually be careful with this. I'm pretty sure that hooded sweatshirts are not allowed at the LSAT anymore.