Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Padding" the LSAC GPA  (Read 7827 times)

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
Re: "Padding" the LSAC GPA
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »
I would also add that the more classes you take, the more diluted your gpa, the harder it becomes to actually raise it.

But it works the other way too. All of a sudden the effects of one or two bad grades are much smaller.
Best of luck to everyone!

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
yes of course, but there does come a point when it's not worth it to do it. I have lower grades from my freshman year from a couple of years ago so I'm waiting until I'm done all my summer courses for those grades to help boost my overall gpa. But if I had a good gpa and I was just trying to 'pad' it. I think there comes a point when it's a waste of effort and money and sometimes, depending on how many courses you've taken, it's inconsequential.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »
This always strikes me as a silly topic anyway.  If you could get A's just because you want to, why didn't you get them before?

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

sooz104

• gpa: 3.45 lsat: 175
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
This is probably a really dumb question, but how do I figure out my LSAC GPA? After I submit my transcript do they calculate it themselves? thanks!

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 01:48:31 PM »
Put your time and energy into the LSAT.  A course is a drop in the bucket in your admissions chances.  On the other hand, one question on the LSAT can make or break a decision.  Honestly, I used to stress about my GPA a lot too.  After going through an application cycle I can say with some authority that minor differences in GPA do not matter.  Minor differences in LSAT scores do (1-2 points).  Ask anyone applying to Cornell whether there is a difference between a 167 and a 168.  Ask those same individuals whether there is a difference between a 3.5 and a 3.6.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

180orSeppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 08:29:24 PM »
This always strikes me as a silly topic anyway.  If you could get A's just because you want to, why didn't you get them before?

Studying skills
For many people, college is a major shock
I never developed the skills I should have when I was in middle/high school

I struggled with 12 credit hours in my first years(~2.0 GPA)
Now I can do 25 credit hours and make 3.7GPA easy.
I will not shame my ancestors.
I am ready for high honor.