Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Living Arrangements??  (Read 10841 times)

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Living Arrangements??
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 11:20:23 PM »
Anywhere that has rent for $1k in DC definitely isn't somewhere I'd trust living.

You have high standards. I live in Capital hill for significantly less than that- moving up to a huge master bedroom in the same place for about that amount next year.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

officeguy

• ? ? ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 12:53:14 AM »
Ok, maybe ghetto was a stretch, but the school isn't in a nice part of DC.  Anywhere that has rent for $1k in DC definitely isn't somewhere I'd trust living.

Van Ness (the Neighborhood Howard Law is located) is FAR from any kind of ghetto.  It's located near a Metro Station, the National Zoo, and Rock Creek Park. It may not be Georgetown, but it's certainly a nice part of town.
"I want an anti-gravity machine. I saw it in a movie. You drink the potion, and then you just start floating all around"

msjaeatlaw

• I can accept failure. But i can't accept not tryin
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MSJAEATLAW
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
some great places are the Consulate and Van Ness which are right on the same block as the law school. They run upwards of $1500+/month for a studio and $1700+/month for a one bedroom. Look on Connecticut Ave for some places because thats also within walking distance. If that doesn't work look for places that are located within close proximity to the redline. That way you'll be able to just take the train to school. Hope it helps!
INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT TO JUSTICE ANYWHERE

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR