Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Difficult LSATs  (Read 883 times)

broach911

• View Profile
    • Email
Difficult LSATs
« on: June 14, 2008, 12:42:36 AM »
Does anyone know any recent (2000+) that were found to be  difficult overall? I know the calculations make it so that they balance out with the other years, but I figure I go give it a try and see if anyone knows of any difficult ones. I'm trying to find one to take as practice tomorrow so that I can better prepare myself for what I can expect, worse case scenario on Monday.

bgc

• View Profile
Re: Difficult LSATs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:22:43 PM »
Does anyone know any recent (2000+) that were found to be  difficult overall? I know the calculations make it so that they balance out with the other years, but I figure I go give it a try and see if anyone knows of any difficult ones. I'm trying to find one to take as practice tomorrow so that I can better prepare myself for what I can expect, worse case scenario on Monday.

I just got hung up on the games on PT 52. It was the first LG section in a while that gave me any trouble.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:57:55 PM »
I just got my arse served to me by PT 50 (Sept. 2006). Bizarrely enough I did better on the RC than I ever have on any other test (-1) but the LR were killer (for me). the first LR had 26 questions and you're going along, I was pacing fine and then you realize that the remaining 5 - 6 questions are all insanely long and are going to take more time than normal. There were like 2 questions per page by the end! Anyway it caught me by surprise. I did worse on the games than usual (-3) and the last LR section I got partially screwed because when I looked at the number of questions it said 22 (which I recognized was bizarre but thought it was an anomaly), so i was pacing myself according to that and then got near the end and realized Testmasters (got it from my homework book from them) had made a mistake and there were 25. Anyway, I had been scoring 168/169, was hoping to finally break into the 170's but instead got a 163/165

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »
The real testmasters. I did a weekend course and they have 6 obviously real practice lsat's in the back. I was kind of boggled as well since I mean they are photocopied or something, i mean they didn't reformat and type the whole thing out. But I just re-re-checked. It says 22. There are 25.

eta: Oh my, I fished around and found the hardcopy version put out by LSAC, ie Prep Test 49 (sorry I thought it was Sept. 2006 PT 50, but it was PT 49 June 2006 that owned me). It says Section 4 22 Questions. There are 25. eek. Would really hate to think this might happen on the test. The scale doesn't seem to make up for it.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 01:17:31 AM »
not sure if you saw my edit before you posted, in case not, I checked the LSAC publication (ie the PrepTest 49 booklet). It was listed incorrectly in there. Really hope that was some sort of post-test typo....