;

Poll

Is this a minor traffic violation?

Yes
 6 (75%)
No
 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Minor Traffic Violation  (Read 547 times)

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
Minor Traffic Violation
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:03:45 PM »
Ok, I may be being anal, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion.  Senior year of high school I was ticketed for following to closely following a minor, non-injury accident, my fault.  It was reduced to defective operating equipment by my lawyer.  Does this fall under the minor traffic violation umbrella?

verb

EDIT:  And please explain your vote.
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

sarmstrong806

Re: Minor Traffic Violation
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 01:06:17 PM »
If they are asking for traffic violations then you need to report stuff that happened to you involving a car.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 01:24:01 PM »
If they are asking for traffic violations then you need to report stuff that happened to you involving a car.

Right, but my question is when it says exluding minor traffic violations, can I exclude this?

verb
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

little_browngirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 01:29:14 PM »
what? where do they ask for this?
goal: 172.

TM: 162, 163, 166
@ Home: 166, 168

is this even possible?

SkullTatt

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 03:09:10 PM »
You need to read each school's application. The strictest I've read is Tulane, which requires you to report any violation of any law, including traffic tickets. And I'm sure there are other schools like that. George Washington requires you to report traffic violations if the fine was over $150. And on and on.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 03:53:39 PM »

Every app has a section about whether or not you've been convicted of a crime and other questions like that.  I am aware of this.  Some say, exclude minor traffic violations, and don't say anything else.  I'm trying to get a picture of whether or not this qualifies as something I can exclude if all the app says is excluding minor traffic violations.  The strictest I've seen is W&L, which explicitly says including minor traffic violations.  If it doesn't say one way or another what to exclude, I'm going to include it.

verb

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 07:15:57 PM »

Every app has a section about whether or not you've been convicted of a crime and other questions like that.  I am aware of this.  Some say, exclude minor traffic violations, and don't say anything else.  I'm trying to get a picture of whether or not this qualifies as something I can exclude if all the app says is excluding minor traffic violations.  The strictest I've seen is W&L, which explicitly says including minor traffic violations.  If it doesn't say one way or another what to exclude, I'm going to include it.

verb

Bump c'mon vote!   :)

HighlanderDP95

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 07:28:14 PM »
Full disclosure is the obvious route.

This is actually preparing you for when you have to fill out your Moral Character obligations, because you should put everything except for traffic tickets.  If it is public record, include it.   If you don't remember, do the best to recap.   Better to disclose everything then having to explain why you didn't in the past.

Another tip, start keeping track of all the places you lived since age 18 and all jobs you had.   CA and NV require you to list both for the past 10 years.   When I applied to take the NV, I had a list of 14 residences in 10 years.   It is easier to keep  track now then to recreate.
King Hall, '98
Admitted CA, '98, NV '02
Stats (1995)
3.75/160
Accepted: King Hall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted then Accepted: Hastings, UCLA
Waitlisted then . . .: Arizona, Colorado
Denied:  Boalt, Texas

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 08:43:26 AM »
I think a general guide is that unless you had a horrible at-fault accident or were convicted of a misdemeanor, you can safely count it as a "minor traffic violation" akin to speeding. Defective equipment sounds even more like a fix-it than a speeding ticket...