Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Multiple Seat Deposit Warning  (Read 5286 times)

interstate

• View Profile
    • Email
Multiple Seat Deposit Warning
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »
This was sent to me today from UPenn.

Please read the following *important* information from the LSAC (www.lsac.org) about the possible risks of holding a seat deposit at more than one law school beginning next week.  As you will see, if you are currently deposited at multiple law schools, we strongly recommend that you withdraw your deposit(s) from all but the one law school you will/will most likely attend before their June 15 notification deadline.

Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSACís commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at

other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools.

Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Seat Deposit Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Seriously, one post wasn't enough?

Pacavelli

• Ain't nothin to it, gangsta rap made me do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »
I still don't understand the big deal.  I have sent multiple seat deposits and have only received one award letter.  When I receive the other award letters, then I will begin to make my decision.  What were the possible risks? None were listed. I'm pretty sure this isn't as big of a deal as interstate is making it. 
Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood, but it's still all good.
-Christopher Wallace

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »
I still don't understand the big deal.  I have sent multiple seat deposits and have only received one award letter.  When I receive the other award letters, then I will begin to make my decision.  What were the possible risks? None were listed. I'm pretty sure this isn't as big of a deal as interstate is making it. 

Just to be on the utmost safe side, call the school's you plan on making multiple second seat deposits (even maybe email; so that you have something in writing) and ask them if this is allowed.  I think that's the better way to go about this: knowing your schools' rules.