Deciding Where to Go > Denials

Multiple Seat Deposit Warning

(1/1)

interstate:
This was sent to me from UPenn.

Please read the following *important* information from the LSAC (www.lsac.org) about the possible risks of holding a seat deposit at more than one law school beginning next week.  As you will see, if you are currently deposited at multiple law schools, we strongly recommend that you withdraw your deposit(s) from all but the one law school you will/will most likely attend before their June 15 notification deadline.

Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSACís commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at

other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools.

Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools.

INXCES:
I knew nothing of this notification process.  William & Mary sent me an e-mail on the 16th, as they discovered I was on another school's deposit list.  What is the big deal or issue?  Certainly, it makes a school nervous that they may lose a student.  But are there any repercussions?  Is there a suggestion that a school might retract an offer of admission or otherwise penalize a student who has paid multiple deposits?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version