Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dropping in on a school where you're waitlisted...  (Read 5691 times)

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping in on a school where you're waitlisted...
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »
Interview with the Dean. Go prepared with a list of questions. You need to be talking to decision makers, not the folks whose job is to run interference for them.

snickersnicker

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - shinjikid@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klutzonbroadway
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
Exactly what sort of questions do you ask a dean during an interview when you're on the WL?
LSAT: 166 (:()
UGPA: 4
LSN

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »
That depends on the school and you. I had a lot of questions about clinics, because I am a PI person and really need the experience.

I also asked had quite a few about living in New Orleans, how the criminal justice system was being recast and how to get involved with that process as a student.

Your questions should focus on things you are interested in, or need more info about.

I forgot to ask about 80 percent of mine because they told me I was in within 3 minutes of sitting down. My head went a little blank after that.

cherpin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:43 PM »
What about dress code for these semi-interviews?  Should I go in a suit of some kind?

Does anyone have any more suggestions for questions? And when you should try to schedule an interview (later in the wait list period, or ASAP)?

menlow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 06:13:56 AM »
What about dress code for these semi-interviews?  Should I go in a suit of some kind?

Does anyone have any more suggestions for questions? And when you should try to schedule an interview (later in the wait list period, or ASAP)?

Dress to impress, but you should wear whatever you're comfortable wearing.  I don't feel comfortable in a suit jacket so I typically wear dress pants, dress shirt, and a tie.  Make sure you are well groomed, clean nails, all that jazz (unfortunately, with law school visit season upon us, my beard had to go).  I sometimes get a manicure when I'm going to have an important meeting because it makes me feel confident (my old job required dirty fingernails and it always grossed me out).