Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wait list time frame  (Read 1281 times)

need advice 123

• View Profile
Wait list time frame
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »
I have already been accepted to law school but I still have two schools that I have been wait listed at (one of which I really want to go to).  I was just wondering when an appropriate time to give up is.  Obviously I need a certain amount of time to get loans, find a place to live, move, etc.  Has the time to give up already gone?  I know regardless of what happens I will still be in law school in the fall but knowing my luck I will get accepted to the to one of my wait lists the day I sign a lease on an apartment.  I hate wait lists.

bobjr

• View Profile
Re: Wait list time frame
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »
The longer you wait the better your relative odds get of being accepted. The people who can afford to/are willing to drop everything the day before classes start and switch law schools have the best odds of being picked, I think. Obviously, however, not many people can do this. Most of the people on the waitlist are facing a quandary just like you are. If you really want to get into the school you should stay on the list as long as you can, but be aware that there are probably other people waiting as well who able/willing to take a 10 thousand dollar hit on a broken/emergency lease to get in (some people will even give up ~15k already put down at another school for tuition in order to seize and opportunity at their top choice).