Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drawbacks to not taking test or cancelling score? HELP!!  (Read 364 times)

undergrad2009

• View Profile
Drawbacks to not taking test or cancelling score? HELP!!
« on: June 11, 2008, 02:14:44 AM »
Hey, are there any drawbacks to (a) not taking the June LSAT that I'm registered for; and (b) cancelling my score if I do take it? I do not feel ready to take this test and I won't count my score. I want to be in the 170s and am not there yet though I feel I can make it with more time (I'm still trying to improve my speed, which is feasible and will help me, obviously). So, the question really is, is it in any way a bad idea to take the test and cancel my score, just so that I get some experience with taking the LSAT under the real circumstances? I've taken practice tests in a group, of course, but this is the real deal. Do schools get notified that I canceled a score in the past, and does that raise alarms?

Thanks so much!

Nervous Wreck

• View Profile
Re: Drawbacks to not taking test or cancelling score? HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 02:31:59 AM »
I'm taking the June test and, if I feel like I bombed a section, I'm just going to cancel it.  As far as I know, one canceled score isn't going to raise any flags; more than one might be a little bit fishy.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Drawbacks to not taking test or cancelling score? HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »
Hey, are there any drawbacks to (a) not taking the June LSAT that I'm registered for; and (b) cancelling my score if I do take it? I do not feel ready to take this test and I won't count my score. I want to be in the 170s and am not there yet though I feel I can make it with more time (I'm still trying to improve my speed, which is feasible and will help me, obviously). So, the question really is, is it in any way a bad idea to take the test and cancel my score, just so that I get some experience with taking the LSAT under the real circumstances? I've taken practice tests in a group, of course, but this is the real deal. Do schools get notified that I canceled a score in the past, and does that raise alarms?

Thanks so much!

Are you just going to move the date? If so, no drawbacks.

When you cancel, your LSAC score report will reflect that you took the test and canceled.  It is up to the school whether to consider that punitive, but I doubt they would consider it punitive.  Like the other post said, more than once is odd.