Law School Discussion

LSAT Analog Watch Tip

Gone

• Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Analog Watch Tip
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »
This may be a naive question, but would it be possible to have 3 watches...set however is best for you, nhen reset them all during the break after section 3 ? (Is that when the break is ?)

I have no idea what the rules are on that - but your fellow testtakers will probably think you're insane

Do you really want the trouble of balancing three watches on a possibly tiny table (mine was). And what if you panic and look at the wrong one? It's really not worth the trouble, you do have plenty of time to reset, they take forever to read the "in the next 35 minutes you can work on section X only" thing

Tracy T

• I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down !
    • AOL Instant Messenger - theebmonique
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
Of course studying and improving has crossed my mind. I was only thinking of having one watch out at a time anyway, thereby no confusion as to which watch to worry about. Are you allowed to wear shirts/jackets with pockets ?

I am guessing that there is never a timer/clock up on the wall in the room where the test is taken ?

Tracy T

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »
Wow...I came to this site for info and camaraderie. Cliff, I apologize if my naivete upsets you, but if I don't know something, how else do I find out except by asking ?

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
Wow...I came to this site for info and camaraderie. Cliff, I apologize if my naivete upsets you, but if I don't know something, how else do I find out except by asking ?

Don't worry.  He's easy enough to ignore.

Gone

• Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 02:23:43 PM »
Of course studying and improving has crossed my mind. I was only thinking of having one watch out at a time anyway, thereby no confusion as to which watch to worry about. Are you allowed to wear shirts/jackets with pockets ?

I am guessing that there is never a timer/clock up on the wall in the room where the test is taken ?

There might be or there might not be. Definitely not something you can rely on.

Tracy T

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »
Thanks guys !!

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »
Clifford may be a bit rude here, but he does have a point.  Improving on the test is going to make far more difference than silly watch tricks.  My test center had a clock but I never looked at it and I didn't use a watch either.  Answering questions correctly is what gets you points.  Lots of practice helps tune your internal clock as well, so you should have a feel for when it's time to bubble BBBBBBBB.

And hey Clifford, why don't we try to be a bit nicer, m-kay?  Or you might want to visit some other eXciting places On the internet practice your eXtensive mOckery.

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »
I don't see how studying for the exam properly and becoming comfortable with using an analog watch of your choice are in any way mutually exclusive. Clearly, however, using 3 watches for one test is not going to be productive.

If you are going to buy a watch for the LSAT, I'd reccomend getting one with a moving bezel. You can pick one up at Wal-Mart for like $35. That is my personal preference that I developed by taking about 50 preptests over the course of a month or two. That is one of the little things that I did that I felt contributed to getting a 177 on the real thing.

If you don't agree, then set your watch to noon and that will work fine too. Either way, find a watch of your preference... and use it... over... and over... and over... and over while taking timed preptests.

Tracy T

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »
Thank you all for the helpful advice.  Maybe I will stick to just one watch.  I was only thinking of having 3 so that I wouldn't be so nervous about having to reset it after each section.  I hear so much on here about nerves on test day. 

Right now I spend a minimum of 4-6 hours a day reading/reviewing and/or taking practice tests. I plan on taking the advice of going to a coffe shop or somewhere like Borders/Barnes and Noble and doing asome practice tests with all the noise and distractions..really put some effort into finding my 'zone'.

Thanks again for the advice !

URB4NTR0LL

• I fart for food.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »
Great tip, thank you. I've have problems with watches until today.