Law School Discussion

LSAT Analog Watch Tip

Gone

• Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Analog Watch Tip
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »
How do you not have time? Aren't they required by LSAC to read you the "in the next 35 minutes you may work on section X only, etc etc" doesn't that give you enough time to reset your watch?

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »
it didn't give me enough time to reset it to how I practiced resetting it.  Maybe she read it fast (I know that she did read it though).  It just wasn't as much time as I had aniticipated there being. 

Talk Is Cheap

• F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 11:17:23 PM »
Talk Is Cheap's Recommended Countdown-Bezel Watches*:

Rolex Submariner or Seadweller

Omega Seamaster or Seamaster Planet Ocean

The good ol' Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

Breitling Superocean (or variants)

I would NOT recommend a watch with a fixed INTERIOR rotating bezel because you'd have to unscrew the crown and set it every time rather than simply turn a scalloped bezel on the outside...wastes valuables time. So NO to:

To not break the bank, do consider:

Longines HydroConquest

And if you must, a lowly Invicta will serve you well, if not as prestigiously.

And finally, my baby I just had to part with...she was mint but it was time to trade her in and pull another one out of the watch mill...*sniff*. Wouldn't recommend this for LSAT timing, however. Unless you're cruising in a yachting regatta at the same time.

*Not endorsing spending your LS loan money on watches, but hey, dare to dream!

hbb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 12:33:06 AM »
In addition, It always took a few seconds for me to get a sense of where, on my watch, the 8:45, 17:30, 26:15 marks were.

Good Lord, a 2-page thread about telling time?

Set your watch to noon. At 35 after, the section is over. [/thread]

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »
it didn't give me enough time to reset it to how I practiced resetting it.  Maybe she read it fast (I know that she did read it though).  It just wasn't as much time as I had aniticipated there being. 
Have trouble finding time to bubble as well?  Maybe try again and use a sundial and also practice with them pencils a bit more. Maybe even practice more about how to answer the questions before you try to bubble answers.

Your joke didn't make any sense to me.  But hey, maybe someone found it funny. 

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »
Nope, still working on it.  And it looks like you are still working on being funny too.  Good luck with that!

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »
No... drupito's right on this one.  You're really not funny.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »
The only disadvantage with the bezel method, if I'm understanding correctly, is that you don't get as accurate time up to the second--only up to within the minute.  So, if you were hurrying at the very last minute of the test to either circle in an answer or take a good 25 seconds or so to read through more carefully, you really wouldn't know when the timer went off to end the section.  So, it seems that resetting it to either noon or something like 11:25 may be the best bet, though a tad less convenient.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »
I found that even when resetting it back to the '12' on my watch and being aware what second I started at, when you're doing the test it's hard not to get a bit panicky when you see you have roughly 1-1.5 minutes left but you don't know exactly, and try and finish as quickly as possible. I sort of did this at the the end of the games section and then had enough time to go over the questions quickly and fill in what I believed to be the correct answer but we'll see whether or not that helped me at all.

Tracy T

• I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down !
    • AOL Instant Messenger - theebmonique
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »
This may be a naive question, but would it be possible to have 3 watches...set however is best for you, nhen reset them all during the break after section 3 ? (Is that when the break is ?)