Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: why obama win  (Read 17458 times)

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: why obama win
« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=4111483

"The parcel included an adjacent lot which Obama told the Chicago Tribune he could not afford because "it was already a stretch to buy the house."

On the same day Obama closed on his house, Rezko's wife bought the adjacent empty lot, meeting the condition of the seller who wanted to sell both properties at the same time. "

"While Rezko's wife paid the full asking price for the land, Obama paid $300,000 under the asking price for the house. The house sold for $1,650,000 and the price Rezko's wife paid for the land was $625,000. "

"An ABC News review of campaign records shows Rezko, and people connected to him, contributed more than $120,000 to Obama's 2004 campaign for the U.S. Senate, much of it at a time when Rezko was the target of an FBI investigation. "

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/03/obamas_rezko_deal_the_view_fro.html

"Thanks to the release of Barack Obama's income tax records, we are finally able to get some necessary perspective on the big favor Tony Rezko did for the Obamas in buying what has been termed in the press "the adjacent, undeveloped lot". It turns out this is a seriously misleading description."

"As can be seen, the house and the adjacent lot are landscaped as one property. There appears to be a wall around both properties together, enclosing the house and its side yard.  There appears to be no access from the street to the property Rezko purchased except through the Obamas' driveway. It is, in other words, the yard of the Obamas' house.

Rather than merely purchasing a separate lot, Rezko appears to have purchased the yard of the Obama manse, and allowed them to live in the house+yard property, amounting to a gift (or loan, if you will) of considerable value.

Reportedly, since purchasing a strip of the Rezko lot for $104,500 when the deal became public, the Obamas have errected a fence on the dividing line between the two properties. That is not visibly reflected in the Google Earth picture, though. "

http://amerpundit.com/2008/03/08/mydd-looks-at-the-rezkoobama-land-deal/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/obamas-faustian-bargain-_b_82863.html
Justice is tangy....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »
Okay - let's try to stay on topic here. One scandal at a time please...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/124171,CST-NWS-obama05.article

"In June 2005, Obama and Rezko purchased adjoining parcels in Kenwood. The state's junior senator paid $1.65 million for a Georgian revival mansion, while Rezko paid $625,000 for the adjacent, undeveloped lot. Both closed on their properties on the same day.

Last January, aiming to increase the size of his sideyard, Obama paid Rezko $104,500 for a strip of his land.
The transaction occurred at a time when it was widely known Tony Rezko was under investigation by U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald and as other Illinois politicians befriended by Rezko distanced themselves from him."

So, to summarize - Obama and Rezko 'happened' to close on the same day. Then Rezko sold Obama a strip of land which he paid $625k for. All for the low, low price of $104,500. I'm sure there was no ulterior motive by Rezko whatsoever....

Obama's response?

""With respect to the purchase of my home, I am confident that everything was handled ethically and above board. But I regret that while I tried to pay close attention to the specific requirements of ethical conduct, I misgauged the appearance presented by my purchase of the additional land from Mr. Rezko," Obama said.

"It was simply not good enough that I paid above the appraised value for the strip of land that he sold me. It was a mistake to have been engaged with him at all in this or any other personal business dealing that would allow him, or anyone else, to believe that he had done me a favor," the senator said. "

Mmmm hmmm. And if this was a land deal done by any Republican, you would have brought it up in one of your repetitive, banal posts that illustrate supposed corruption. Since it happened to Obama, you're more than happy to ignore it and forgive it.

Partisan Hack.

hey, dipshit:  according your own source, obama bought only strip of rezco's wife's lot.  you try make seem like ms. rezco paid $625,00 and then obama pay $104,500 for same land.  that apparently why obama erect new fence: between his now-enlarged lot and remainder of rezco's.  if entire rezco bought bought by obama, there already fence around entire obama perimeter.  sorry, loser.  julie assume you took your best shot.

now julie's turn:  address mccain's adultery and abandonment, if you have courage.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 03, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »
any wingnuts out there want tell us again about no bump for obama?  he just crossed magical 50% line with gallup:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13094.html

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »
even palin not that impressed with own service as mayor:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palin-on-her-own-executiv_n_123380.html

man, good news from this lady just never stop.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
guess now it time talk about what happen in palin's church:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13098.html

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2008, 01:50:38 PM »
from general jc christian, patriot:

In a recent interview with the Politico, Trophy VEEP, Sarah Palin cited a visit to Ireland as evidence that she had foreign policy experience.Yesterday, a deranged band of libislamunistofascists too issue with that claim after learning it was simply a refueling stop during which she never left the airport terminal.

I can't understand why they'd see that as being a problem. A person can learn a lot about a country by sitting in an airline terminal for an hour or two. Certainly such an experience provides one with what one needs to be the Leader of the Free World.

I know this from my own experience. I learned everything I need to know about Georgia during a two-hour layover I had at the Atlanta Airport in '93. I didn't need to go out into the devastated countryside to see that:

an islamunistofascist dirty-bomb attack forced the citizenry to live their lives sealed in large buildings.

the only form of travel between these buildings is a small hermetically sealed subway train.

food shortages have pushed the cost of hot dogs cost to eight dollars and nachos, seven.

at least five percent of the state's economy is based on the sale of shot glasses emblazoned with the words, "Georgia," on one side and the phrase, "Really love your peaches want to shake your tree," on the other.

and that the Georgia Tourism Board is doomed until it finally deals with its luggage-eating mutant problem.

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »
an islamunistofascist dirty-bomb attack forced the citizenry to live their lives sealed in large buildings.

the only form of travel between these buildings is a small hermetically sealed subway train.

food shortages have pushed the cost of hot dogs cost to eight dollars and nachos, seven.

at least five percent of the state's economy is based on the sale of shot glasses emblazoned with the words, "Georgia," on one side and the phrase, "Really love your peaches want to shake your tree," on the other.

and that the Georgia Tourism Board is doomed until it finally deals with its luggage-eating mutant problem.

I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2008, 04:18:36 AM »