Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: why obama win  (Read 17243 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: why obama win
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »
incorrect, oh snotty one. julie talk about democrats all time, such as how well they doing in polls and stuff.

and conservatives "proud do both"? thanks for julie's best laugh of day so far. you total hoot!

you got something else say, bring it.

Yes, you talk about polls. But most (overwhelmingly so) of your posts are merely attacks on McCain and/or republicans.
Have you looked into how Obama bought his million dollar mansion? How does it make you feel that convicted felon Rezko puchased the bulk of his land, then sold it back to Obama for pennies on the dollar in exchange for political favors?

so let's see your documentation, especially that obama not pay market value.

make it good, chump.  and be sure include obama's response.

and julie respond if, and only if, you admit that mccain cheated on his first wife and dumped her young heiress.  did you already know this, or need proof?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
incorrect, oh snotty one. julie talk about democrats all time, such as how well they doing in polls and stuff.

and conservatives "proud do both"? thanks for julie's best laugh of day so far. you total hoot!

Yes, you talk about polls. But most (overwhelmingly so) of your posts are merely attacks on McCain and/or republicans.
Have you examined the fact that 60's radical and unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers launched Obama's campaign in Ayers' home? I wonder why he would do such a thing when Obama portrays that relationship as extremely limited.

ayers' violent past occurred when obama 7.  now, he professor who active in community, so obama know him.

unless you can prove obama advocate violence, that ok with julie.

now, julie's turn:  you admit that mccain seem have reputation among many for having rather bit of temper?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »

How about Obama's claim of working in a bi-partisan fashion when he hasn't done so to date? McCain did. Several times. How does it feel to you to know that Obama claims to be independant, yet has the most liberal, party alignment in the democrat party, never once taking a stance that is contrary to democrat politics?

and how you measure this?

and what mccain buck party on lately?  (he did occasionally say something that seem against gop establishment, but then he alweays foreget this spine.)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »
Hey, aren't the Republicans supposed to be having a convention or something? I haven't seen anything about it. Which is weird, because the Democratic National Convention was on like three networks, plus the nightly news.

last night's prime time essentially cancelled.  try tonight.

in meantime, they trying decide which speaker cause least harm to gop cause.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
Hey, aren't the Republicans supposed to be having a convention or something? I haven't seen anything about it. Which is weird, because the Democratic National Convention was on like three networks, plus the nightly news.

Unfortunately, a pesky hurricane hit New Orleans, so the RNC cancelled the event.  Ass.
Justice is tangy....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
yes.  great grandpa believe he know marketing opportunity when see one.

or at least chance pretend he president.  (now where we hear that accusation before?)

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
yes.  great grandpa believe he know marketing opportunity when see one.

or at least chance pretend he president.  (now where we hear that accusation before?)

How sad that you have no faith in human beings (unless they are quasi-communists that is).
Justice is tangy....

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »
how dare you say that!

julie also have faith in john mccain when he say he not know much about economics and sarah palin when she say she not know what vice prez do.

Saxby Clemens II

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
I think it's time we found out what Lindsay Lohan thinks:

"Political Blog

I've been watching the news all morning, like everyone else - and i keep hearing about the issues related to 'teen pregnancy'- It's all related to Sarah Palin and her 17 year old unmarried pregnant daughter. Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. Its distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences.

I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter's pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them-if elected. I get Sarah Palin's views against abortion, but i would much prefer to hear more about what she can do for our country rather than how her daughter is going to have a child no matter what.

Maybe focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden.
See below for Barack Obama's thoughts:
From Alexander Marquardt
CNN
MONROE, Michigan (CNN) — Sen. Barack Obama said firmly that families are off-limits in the campaign for president, reacting to news that GOP running mate Sarah Palin's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

Obama said reporters should "back off these kinds of stories" and noted that he was born to an 18-year-old mother.

"How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics, and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off-limits." »

On another note-the last note- i heard a woman say on TODAY on NBC that teens are feeling as if they have to grow up faster. Really? Because, i think that girls that are CHOOSING to be sexually active and are making a conscious decision to grow up faster….. I think that parents need to recognize how important it is to talk to their children about the things that can result from being sexually active if they aren't protecting themselves (birth control, condoms, etc.)

So-those are my thoughts for the day. Enjoy the music  xoxo

Currently listening :
Forever Young
By Rod Stewart
Release date: By 2005-11-07"

Quote from: Cady
::clutches doll with matching outfit::
Quote from: TheJ
::flippers Sax on ass just for the hell of it::
Quote from: For All Intensive Purposes
i'm not gonna judge, i just think you are a f-ing weirdo

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2008, 05:29:05 PM »

Have you looked into how Obama bought his million dollar mansion? How does it make you feel that convicted felon Rezko puchased the bulk of his land, then sold it back to Obama for pennies on the dollar in exchange for political favors?

so let's see your documentation, especially that obama not pay market value.

make it good, chump.  and be sure include obama's response.

and julie respond if, and only if, you admit that mccain cheated on his first wife and dumped her young heiress.  did you already know this, or need proof?

Okay - let's try to stay on topic here.  One scandal at a time please...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/124171,CST-NWS-obama05.article

"In June 2005, Obama and Rezko purchased adjoining parcels in Kenwood. The state's junior senator paid $1.65 million for a Georgian revival mansion, while Rezko paid $625,000 for the adjacent, undeveloped lot. Both closed on their properties on the same day.

Last January, aiming to increase the size of his sideyard, Obama paid Rezko $104,500 for a strip of his land.
The transaction occurred at a time when it was widely known Tony Rezko was under investigation by U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald and as other Illinois politicians befriended by Rezko distanced themselves from him."

So, to summarize - Obama and Rezko 'happened' to close on the same day.  Then Rezko sold Obama a strip of land which he paid $625k for.  All for the low, low price of $104,500.  I'm sure there was no ulterior motive by Rezko whatsoever....

Obama's response?

""With respect to the purchase of my home, I am confident that everything was handled ethically and above board. But I regret that while I tried to pay close attention to the specific requirements of ethical conduct, I misgauged the appearance presented by my purchase of the additional land from Mr. Rezko," Obama said.

"It was simply not good enough that I paid above the appraised value for the strip of land that he sold me. It was a mistake to have been engaged with him at all in this or any other personal business dealing that would allow him, or anyone else, to believe that he had done me a favor," the senator said. "

Mmmm hmmm.  And if this was a land deal done by any Republican, you would have brought it up in one of your repetitive, banal posts that illustrate supposed corruption.  Since it happened to Obama, you're more than happy to ignore it and forgive it.

Partisan Hack.

Justice is tangy....