Law School Discussion

why obama win

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: why obama win
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2008, 10:49:14 PM »
um mccain is an independent, archie...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:01 PM »

1. obama smart, well-informed, and well-organized.
  true

2. americans much more liberal than commonly believed.
false

3. most americans trust democrats much more than gop.
not an issue...not important...obama and mcain not seen in these terms. one is framed as a former pow and a decorated war-hero...the other is seen as an enigmatic, young statesman...you are obviously a hiliary clinton supporter...so sorry for you...boo-hoo.

4. americans want constitution back...
:D :D :D...where did it go?

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »
Bush used his gaffe's to his advantage.  Odd, but true.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2008, 11:14:16 PM »
Bush used his gaffe's to his advantage.  Odd, but true.

bush will be revered for his "wrangler politics"...gaffes are his advantage...choppy language...and code language...he made his swagger and mangled speech work for him.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2008, 05:35:35 AM »
um mccain is an independent, archie...

guess that explain why his head so far up gump's ass.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2008, 05:37:04 AM »
Bush used his gaffe's to his advantage. Odd, but true.

bush will be revered for his "wrangler politics"...gaffes are his advantage...choppy language...and code language...he made his swagger and mangled speech work for him.

absolutely.  gump must have at least 15 supporters left.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »
Obama's Overseas Success: What's His Secret?
By M.J. Rosenberg - July 23, 2008, 1:20PM

I think I have read every word Barack Obama uttered on his visits to Israel and Palestine and I'm struck by his ability to navigate this tricky issue with such dexterity. After all, everybody is just waiting for him to trip up on the Arab-Israeli issue. Joe Lieberman, the Israeli media, the right-wing pro-Israel organizations are just waiting to pounce on some misstep.

It didn't happen, just as it didn't happen in Afghanistan or Iraq.

And here's why. He knows his stuff. I worked on Capitol Hill for 20 years and I can tell the difference between a staff driven politician and one who knows what he's talking about. The staff driven pol (McCain is an example) is always capable of the big blunder. He does not mix up Shiites and Sunnis because he "misspoke;" he really doesn't know the difference. Same on the economy, he studies a memo and works to assimilate it. But there is no depth.

The sad fact is that most of our politicians are like that. On the Arab-Israeli issue, all they know is that they need to sound pro-Israel. So they end up mouthing the most superficial pieties. They are afraid to talk about the Palestinians because they might say the wrong thing.

They pander and pander, knowing that they won't get into trouble by just sucking up.

Not Obama.

He is pro-Israel and he supports the two-state solution. He is for keeping Jerusalem undivided but supports resolving Jerusalem's status in negotiations. He acknowledges the Iranian threat to Israel but does not endorse a military response to deal with it.

So what's Obama's secret. He's smart. He reads. He knows his sh*t. And that is why the Republicans who are counting on him to lose this election through some verbal blunder are going to be disappointed.

I'm not saying that McCain cannot win. He can. But he'll have to win it. Obama is not going to hand this election to him by stumbling.

I just talked to a friend who saw Obama in Israel. I asked him what his friends in the Israeli media are saying. "What are they saying? They are saying that he's the next President. And they think he's the smartest American politician they have seen yet."

Me too.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
Obama's Overseas Success: What's His Secret?
By M.J. Rosenberg - July 23, 2008, 1:20PM

I think I have read every word Barack Obama uttered on his visits to Israel and Palestine and I'm struck by his ability to navigate this tricky issue with such dexterity. After all, everybody is just waiting for him to trip up on the Arab-Israeli issue. Joe Lieberman, the Israeli media, the right-wing pro-Israel organizations are just waiting to pounce on some misstep.

It didn't happen, just as it didn't happen in Afghanistan or Iraq.

And here's why. He knows his stuff. I worked on Capitol Hill for 20 years and I can tell the difference between a staff driven politician and one who knows what he's talking about. The staff driven pol (McCain is an example) is always capable of the big blunder. He does not mix up Shiites and Sunnis because he "misspoke;" he really doesn't know the difference. Same on the economy, he studies a memo and works to assimilate it. But there is no depth.

The sad fact is that most of our politicians are like that. On the Arab-Israeli issue, all they know is that they need to sound pro-Israel. So they end up mouthing the most superficial pieties. They are afraid to talk about the Palestinians because they might say the wrong thing.

They pander and pander, knowing that they won't get into trouble by just sucking up.

Not Obama.

He is pro-Israel and he supports the two-state solution. He is for keeping Jerusalem undivided but supports resolving Jerusalem's status in negotiations. He acknowledges the Iranian threat to Israel but does not endorse a military response to deal with it.

So what's Obama's secret. He's smart. He reads. He knows his sh*t. And that is why the Republicans who are counting on him to lose this election through some verbal blunder are going to be disappointed.

I'm not saying that McCain cannot win. He can. But he'll have to win it. Obama is not going to hand this election to him by stumbling.

I just talked to a friend who saw Obama in Israel. I asked him what his friends in the Israeli media are saying. "What are they saying? They are saying that he's the next President. And they think he's the smartest American politician they have seen yet."

Me too.

um...hiliary clinton was smart too.

aye will be voting for obama a third time...but one trip to israel is not convincing...one speech is not enough...contrived is more like it...if he had done this trip one year ago and were returning...oi vey...this trip leaves my throat a little "vegh klempt"...but hiliary kept her campaign going on too long...time is not a friend this year. :-[  remember hiliary's speech, "obama will be a friend to israel"...perhaps too little too late.

also, aye am disappointed by the backstroke which obama has now begun...he was against the surge and said it would not work...those were his convictions...he is only now changing his tune...he stuck to his guns on iraq in the beginning...but now that he has won the nomination...he is not holding a backbone like he did in the beginning...even though he was against the war and aye knew he was wrong...at least he stuck with his convictions...mccain sticks to his convictions on national security with regard to iraq and pushed for the surge even though it was not the safe political choice...and mccain not bush was advocating it strongly...it irks me that obama focused on the surge...why isn't he stickig to discussions on the economy???? don't talk about the surge, man.

sticking to convictions with regard to national security are a priori...NO BACKSTROKE...it is distressing to see obama wobble.obama wants a rapid timetable for u.s. withdrawal but he leaves out that he means it is conditioned on continuing improvement in the security situation...many americans and our indigo group see through this...it is worrisome....the us cannot afford to lose the gains....