Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSD: I challenge you to improve  (Read 6260 times)

TheCause

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSD: I challenge you to improve
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:49 PM »
I used this board a couple years ago to get information about how to do well on the LSAT and which schools to apply to.  I found it to be a fantastic resource.  I've been away for a while busting my butt in 1L.
This board provides so much good information for prospective law students but it is completely inundated with abhorrent amounts of vulgarity, discourtesy and cowardice.  Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves.  You hide behind your digital anonymity.  You are recreant cowards of the internet age.  I hope that the disrespect shown on this website will not infect your conduct in the real world.  I find it absolutely nauseating that so many of you can not deal with opinions that differ from your own.  Many of you seem to be addicted to the practice of making personal attacks rather than sharing your own thoughts in a calm and persuasive manner.  It is surprising that you so often avoid logical arguments because you believe that your opponent is not intelligent enough to truly challenge you.
Do you honestly think the real world will be any different?  Do you believe your clients will all be exceptionally intelligent?  Do you think your opponents will all follow the same logical thought process that you're so accustomed to?  Are you going to throw a tantrum and spew vulgarity every time you encounter ignorance or arrogance?  It is apparent from this website that many of you are completely unable to educate someone who does not agree with you.  That awful character trait will not serve you well in the future.  I challenge you to return to the practices of civility and propriety.  I challenge you to contrast your beliefs with others in a way that would make your mothers proud.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSD: I challenge you to improve
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »
 ::)

Its still an internet forum, and if you were to compare it to TLS, JDU, XOXO, etc you would find it an extremely positive environment.

Edit: and very well moderated

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »
I agree with both of you.  It could be worse, but let's make it better.

I'm starting with the man in the mirror...

But I reserve the right to have my moments...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

TheCause

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »

Its still an internet forum, and if you were to compare it to TLS, JDU, XOXO, etc you would find it an extremely positive environment.

You do make a great point about the moderation, but true improvement comes from self-examination rather than out of a comparison to more negative alternatives.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »

I agree.  I think with the exception of the General Topics board (where almost anything goes), LSD is full of good information put forth by a lot of nice people.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »
Wow, never saw that one coming...

Stotan is pretty cool though.
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

TheCause

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
OP is a retarded feminine hygiene product.

Cute.

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 02:45:59 PM »

I'm having a hard time not disagreeing. It's not like there are lawsuits and other lovely happenings on this board compared to the others. and the off topic boards are meant for people to female dog at each other once in a while

TheCause

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »

I'm having a hard time not disagreeing. It's not like there are lawsuits and other lovely happenings on this board compared to the others. and the off topic boards are meant for people to female dog at each other once in a while

So you consider me to be a "feminine hygiene product" because I believe that we should treat each other with more respect?  Because I believe that 'just because we can' does not mean that we should.  And the off topic board should be full of respectful and educating arguments.  If you want to "female dog" at each other then do it on the drinking the haterade board.

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »

So you consider me to be a "feminine hygiene product" because I believe that we should treat each other with more respect?  Because I believe that 'just because we can' does not mean that we should.  And the off topic board should be full of respectful and educating arguments.  If you want to "female dog" at each other then do it on the drinking the haterade board.

It's more because you're taking the off-topic board of a website too serious. You do have a point for the other boards though