Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rec from an advisor?  (Read 770 times)

KellyD09

• View Profile
Rec from an advisor?
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »
I'm applying for fall 09 and I'm trying to get recs and my ps together while I have free time this summer. I am currently my organization's president, I have served in other leadership positions, and we are my university's organization of the year and I am my school's president of the year. Would it be a decent idea to have my organizations advisor write a letter of rec for me?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Rec from an advisor?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:37:31 PM »
I'm applying for fall 09 and I'm trying to get recs and my ps together while I have free time this summer. I am currently my organization's president, I have served in other leadership positions, and we are my university's organization of the year and I am my school's president of the year. Would it be a decent idea to have my organizations advisor write a letter of rec for me?

You should have at least 1 preferably 2 recommendations from professors or other people who can talk about your academic capabilites.  The other 1-2 can be from an employer, but if you don't have significant work experience than it's fine to use someone who can speak to your organizational and other skills from an extra-curricular perspective.  The only exception is if you mean SORORITY by organization.  In that case, don't bother.  It has the potential to do more harm than good.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn