Law School Discussion

TEST DAY - so who is in for the June LSAT?

Re: T-minus FOUR days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2008, 11:54:10 PM »
Damn... I'm hoping for an experimental LG section, which has only occured ONCE out of my 13 PT's so far.  LG is my best section and barely takes a toll on my endurence.  My personal law of averages says I may just get lucky on Monday.

i hope you're super lucky.

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
Re: T-minus THREE days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2008, 07:27:50 AM »
God forbid the curve is like last year's... I missed one more question than on my previous test and scored a full FIVE points lower on the scaled score.

TimMitchell

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
There's always October  ;)

bt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »
I took the last preptest (#53) today and scored a 174.  Aiming for a 173+ on test day, hoping that -3 points on test day thing isn't necessarily true. 

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2008, 04:18:07 PM »
I took the last preptest (#53) today and scored a 174.  Aiming for a 173+ on test day, hoping that -3 points on test day thing isn't necessarily true. 
how about the -6 thing -9 thing and +10 thing?

As test day approaches, I begin to like the +10 theory more and more.   ;)

I also took PT53 today.  I managed to bubble the last two answers on the same line on the first LR section, which cost me two raw points and 3 scaled.  If I count the questions I misbubbled as wrong, I scored a 175; if I count them as being correct, it was a 178. 

Obviously both are great scores and I'd be thrilled to earn a 175 on the real thing.  And it is good to know that I at least knew how to get the LR questions right.  Still, if I misbubble again on Monday, I will be really annoyed with myself. 

So, whatever else happens, don't misbubble!   :)

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
how about the -6 thing -9 thing and +10 thing?

As test day approaches, I begin to like the +10 theory more and more.   ;)

I also took PT53 today.  I managed to bubble the last two answers on the same line on the first LR section, which cost me two raw points and 3 scaled.  If I count the questions I misbubbled as wrong, I scored a 175; if I count them as being correct, it was a 178. 

Obviously both are great scores and I'd be thrilled to earn a 175 on the real thing.  And it is good to know that I at least knew how to get the LR questions right.  Still, if I misbubble again on Monday, I will be really annoyed with myself. 

So, whatever else happens, don't misbubble!   :)

I badly misbubbled one LR section during the Sept 07 test.  It was so bad, I began to refer to myself as Miss Bubble.   :-\

I believe the fact that I barely ever used bubble sheets during PTs accounted for that disaster.  I've always used bubble sheets since then.

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

I just got the same score. Heres to the power of positive thinking!

middlepath

• contemplate, contemplate, contemplate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2008, 04:40:45 PM »
I blinked.  Changed the test date to October.  I need more prepping.  Thanks, Jeffort, by the way for your reply to my thread.  I was foolish enough to think I could do this without the LSAC SuperPrep.  I confess: I started working on the LSAT around 3 weeks ago.  I was a fool to think I could do this without the Bibles or other prep materials.

I am humbled. LSAT is badass.

Best wishes to those taking it head on.

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
Just took a diagnostic, went up to a 172 (been averaging around 167-8).  I managed to get my RC section down better by slowing down on each passage and devoting a lot of time to each question.

Here's hoping I can repeat on monday, and here's to a weekend of friends, family, and sleep!