Law School Discussion

TEST DAY - so who is in for the June LSAT?

Richard B. Riddick

• Going for the sweet spot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: T-minus EIGHT days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2008, 08:52:57 AM »
One week until my normal life can resume.

Here's a little musical selection in honor of the milestone:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVYEVYnuuME

Any Scandinavian metal fans around?

Re: T-minus EIGHT days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2008, 09:09:02 AM »
It seems like LSAC said July 7th. 

Then they'll probably come out the 3rd.  Check with last year's June release date.

Last June I got my score on June 30 (a Saturday) even though the scores were supposed to come out July 2.  The test was earlier last year though, on June 11.  Judging by the past, a lot of times the scores come out the Friday before LSAC says they will, but since that's the 4th this year I'm hoping they come out on Thursday.

Wow, that'd be awesome.  I never really looked into it that much, but I had jsut kind of assumed that it'd be like a month and a half before we'd hear anything.  Two weeks later though?  I'll take that.

Re: T-minus SEVEN days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »
I'm in for June.  Just got a 166 on PT #32.  I'm super excited because my goal is 165.  I took the December 2007 test cold and did horribly (149) and postponed my applications for the Fall '09 cycle.  I'm excited for the real thing.  Is it just me or does getting a satisfying PT score completely change your outlook for the better?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: T-minus SEVEN days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »
I'm in for June.  Just got a 166 on PT #32.  I'm super excited because my goal is 165.  I took the December 2007 test cold and did horribly (149) and postponed my applications for the Fall '09 cycle.  I'm excited for the real thing.  Is it just me or does getting a satisfying PT score completely change your outlook for the better?

PSP, that's great.  It does feel good to have some success, doesn't it?  Are you spending time as well on the more recent tests?  I've found even the wording in the LR to be distinctively different from tests before PT40, and even though I've taken all but June - Dec 07 (taking them this week) I've been studying over and over the language, mostly because I spent so much time on older tests (I've taken every test from 9 on, some 2-3 times.)

Good luck!

ak362

Re: T-minus SIX days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2008, 08:39:13 AM »
Unless I'm at work, I'm going to hide underneath my desk until it's time to take the LSAT.

I scored a 171 on the December 2006 Preptest. I'm thinking it's an aberration, but I'm going to do a couple more Preptests to see if I can repeat the miracle. Maybe I've finally shaped up my LR skills.

TimMitchell

« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2008, 08:43:36 AM »
I hope the LSAT has a curve like PT23, best score ever!

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55:51 AM »
Unless I'm at work, I'm going to hide underneath my desk until it's time to take the LSAT.

I scored a 171 on the December 2006 Preptest. I'm thinking it's an aberration, but I'm going to do a couple more Preptests to see if I can repeat the miracle. Maybe I've finally shaped up my LR skills.

Excellent!  I was happy to pull out a mid-160s on that, and even made it through the riddled basins unscathed.  I still can't nail down LR - I'm hoping a perfect games score will compensate somewhat.

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »

Excellent!  I was happy to pull out a mid-160s on that, and even made it through the riddled basins unscathed.  I still can't nail down LR - I'm hoping a perfect games score will compensate somewhat.

Amen to that.  Why can LG be the largest section?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »

I read somewhere in the last year that in studies, LG has the closest correlation to actual legal thinking.  Not yet being a lawyer, I can't speak to that, but it certainly correlates heavily to my previous training as an archaeologist.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »

I read somewhere in the last year that in studies, LG has the closest correlation to actual legal thinking.  Not yet being a lawyer, I can't speak to that, but it certainly correlates heavily to my previous training as an archaeologist.

That's just because the people writing the questions for the LSAT love archaeologists. :P

Indians too.  Gee, you'd think I'd get a 180 just from familiarity with the subject matter.  :P