Law School Discussion

TEST DAY - so who is in for the June LSAT?

Re: T-minus FIVE days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »
june test be hardest ever. know i do.

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: T-minus SIX days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »
but then it not hard work, is it?

No, Julie, that is incorrect. You can work hard for 2 hours in preparation for the LSAT, but you hardly worked.

Julie gets her strange dialect by removing small indicator words from her speech, not switching the subject/verb order. You went Yoda on us.

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
I have a dilemma and would greatly appreciate any feedbacks or wisdom.

I'm registered to take the exam on Monday, but after today's prep test result I'm hesitating.  I've taken two weeks off from work to study vigoroously, and I have up to this point.  Took timed prep test and here are my recent result:

Monday 9th: Test 32 - 177 Test 34 - 171
Tuesday 10th: Test 40 - 170
Wednesday 11th (Today): Test 48 - 159!!!

I supplemented additional section for experimental part of the exam and all my prep test were timed.  However, I see a downward trend and I'm a little afraid to take the test at this point.  Part of me wants to get it over with it, but I think postponing the exam wouldn't be a bad idea (or is it?).

For those of you that said RC is your strongest and only get couple questions wrong, I envy you. ;D

Do you think I should postpone? 

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »

No, Julie, that is incorrect. You can work hard for 2 hours in preparation for the LSAT, but you hardly worked.

sorry.  hard work require certain quantity, as well as intensity.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »

Julie gets her strange dialect by removing small indicator words from her speech, not switching the subject/verb order. You went Yoda on us.

you very perceptive.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:26 PM »

I'm registered to take the exam on Monday, but after today's prep test result I'm hesitating. I've taken two weeks off from work to study vigoroously, and I have up to this point. Took timed prep test and here are my recent result:

I supplemented additional section for experimental part of the exam and all my prep test were timed. However, I see a downward trend and I'm a little afraid to take the test at this point. Part of me wants to get it over with it, but I think postponing the exam wouldn't be a bad idea (or is it?).

For those of you that said RC is your strongest and only get couple questions wrong, I envy you. ;D

how about wisecracks.  need any those?

*devo*

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »
Sorry, but I don't have any suggestions for you to get out of your "slump," though I have a hunch that it is all mental.  I think you should relax and take the test.  You definitely need to boost your confidence between now and then though.

« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
Test 48 had a wicked scale.  At the time I took it a few weeks ago it was my highest raw score - and my next to lowest scale score.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Take a day off, do tests Friday and Saturday, relax Sunday, and then do your best on Monday.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:42 PM »

I'm registered to take the exam on Monday, but after today's prep test result I'm hesitating.  I've taken two weeks off from work to study vigoroously, and I have up to this point.  Took timed prep test and here are my recent result:

I supplemented additional section for experimental part of the exam and all my prep test were timed.  However, I see a downward trend and I'm a little afraid to take the test at this point.  Part of me wants to get it over with it, but I think postponing the exam wouldn't be a bad idea (or is it?).

A number of people (myself included) argue that there was a distinct change in the test about ten tests ago - it got more nuanced, the RC questions were closer to LR MBTs than general reading comp questions, the LRs became longer and had significantly more principle, flaw and justify questions - more tricky conditional reasoning, too.  The LGs became easier, but they began to add more strict sequencing (with funny rules) and advanced linear games.  If you have not taken all the tests from June 2005 until Dec 2007 with some success, I would in fact agree that you should postpone until October, and spend a lot of time going over those particular tests. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I've sat for two of those ten tests, and despite having a PT average in the upper 160s-low 170s from all the tests from PT10 on, both times I scored 10 points below on test day.

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2008, 08:02:53 PM »

sorry.  hard work require certain quantity, as well as intensity.

Julie, that's a weak argument and you know it. Hard has multiple definitions in that usage, but it can mean the quantity or the quality. Don't trap the word in a corner with one strict definition.