Law School Discussion

TEST DAY - so who is in for the June LSAT?

Re: T-minus SEVEN days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2008, 10:30:13 AM »
I'm in for June.  Just got a 166 on PT #32.  I'm super excited because my goal is 165.  I took the December 2007 test cold and did horribly (149) and postponed my applications for the Fall '09 cycle.  I'm excited for the real thing.  Is it just me or does getting a satisfying PT score completely change your outlook for the better?

PSP, that's great.  It does feel good to have some success, doesn't it?  Are you spending time as well on the more recent tests?  I've found even the wording in the LR to be distinctively different from tests before PT40, and even though I've taken all but June - Dec 07 (taking them this week) I've been studying over and over the language, mostly because I spent so much time on older tests (I've taken every test from 9 on, some 2-3 times.)

Good luck!

I've done about 10-11 of the most recent tests (Within the past three-four years) and am taking one test every day up to and including Saturday (from the 2000-2002 era).  I really don't notice that much of a difference in difficulty, although the June 2007 scale is a female dog.  I always use LR for my "experimental" section when taking practice tests because it's my weakest area, comprises the majority of the test, and I guess you can never have too much practice.  But that's 75 LR questions every day.  Ahh!  Can't wait for this to be over.  I just can't wait for that ice cold beer(s) on Monday night.  I haven't had one in so long.  Once this thing is done I'll be doing nothing but drinking beer and re-watching Lost.  How about the rest of you?  Monday night plans?

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »
I've done about 10-11 of the most recent tests (Within the past three-four years) and am taking one test every day up to and including Saturday (from the 2000-2002 era).  I really don't notice that much of a difference in difficulty, although the June 2007 scale is a female dog.  I always use LR for my "experimental" section when taking practice tests because it's my weakest area, comprises the majority of the test, and I guess you can never have too much practice.  But that's 75 LR questions every day.  Ahh!  Can't wait for this to be over.  I just can't wait for that ice cold beer(s) on Monday night.  I haven't had one in so long.  Once this thing is done I'll be doing nothing but drinking beer and re-watching Lost.  How about the rest of you?  Monday night plans?

I'll also be taking the test next week.  I previously took October 2007 but cancelled my score.  (I have no regrets whatsoever about cancelling. I had been sick all that week, and then the night before the test, the folks next door decided to hold a loud party until 5 in the morning...)  That said, I refuse to cancel this time, even if a herd of buffalo stampedes through the test room during LG. ;)

I'm really looking forward to Monday night, too.  I think I may relax by watching one of the original Indiana Jones movies.  I've never seen the original trilogy, but I just saw the new one and liked it.   (This is heresy, I know.  I've also never seen the original Star Wars movies.  Maybe I'll save those to watch after the bar exam.)

Good luck studying, everyone.  In under a week, this will finally be over.  :)

TimMitchell

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »
I'm in for June.  Just got a 166 on PT #32.  I'm super excited because my goal is 165.  I took the December 2007 test cold and did horribly (149) and postponed my applications for the Fall '09 cycle.  I'm excited for the real thing.  Is it just me or does getting a satisfying PT score completely change your outlook for the better?

PSP, that's great.  It does feel good to have some success, doesn't it?  Are you spending time as well on the more recent tests?  I've found even the wording in the LR to be distinctively different from tests before PT40, and even though I've taken all but June - Dec 07 (taking them this week) I've been studying over and over the language, mostly because I spent so much time on older tests (I've taken every test from 9 on, some 2-3 times.)

Good luck!

I'm finished up with lost and have to agree with the beer. After that I'll probibily just start at the LSAC website until my score is posted.

Re: T-minus SIX days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »
^ that is going to me to some extent.

I will be getting stupidly drunk (among other things) Monday night and killing off the braincells I have been working so hard to save up for the last few weeks. Catching up on crappy tv (Dexter  ;)) and zoning out for a few days. Then I have to get my ass back in gear preparing for a ton of school-related stuff (doing a semester abroad in the fall), writing my PS and making sure my recommenders praise me profusely.

Im sure I won't know what to do with myself when Preptests are not eating up huge chunks of my day  :P

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2008, 05:07:55 PM »
Just wantecd to say good luck to all  you guys on saturday. Hard work pays off, unless you hardly work.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2008, 04:39:34 AM »
but then it not hard work, is it?

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2008, 07:19:18 AM »
Julie find Flaw in Reasoning!

And on Super-Hard June test even!

dsetterl

Re: T-minus FIVE days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2008, 07:39:19 AM »
I am not taking the test, but I just wanted to say good luck!

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »
Im in for Monday...Aiming for the mid 160's, seem to be around there +/- a few with my practice scores. Getting a bit anxious for the test now, hopefully that goes away as the test comes! Cant wait for Monday night to be finished.

Good luck for everyone else!

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
Julie find Flaw in Reasoning!

And on Super-Hard June test even!

julie try.