Law School Discussion

TEST DAY - so who is in for the June LSAT?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: T-minus eleven days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »
And you noobs, get yourselves some avatars.   ;)

BarryLaine

• "My aim is true..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »
What I do the night of the 16th will be determined by how well I think I did on the test... If I think I did well, I'll have just enough scotch to make me feel warm behind the ears.  I feel I did poorly, I'll have just enough to induce a coma.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
I'm in. I'm scoring consistently at the lower end of my goal range, which is ~ok~, but I'm getting a bit nervous about the rumored 3-5 point drop that so many people seem to experience on test day.

I'm going to celebrate by NEVER TAKING A PRACTICE LSAT EVER AGAIN*!!!!

*: That is, assuming I don't bomb the test ;)

(ps: Frybread, please forgive me for my avatarlessness)

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »

I'm getting a bit nervous about the rumored 3-5 point drop that so many people seem to experience on test day.

I don't understand why anyone should expect a drop on test day.
It is nonsense and you shouldn't pay any attention to it.
If anything, I expect my actual score to be on the higher end of my range, given that most of my mistakes are the result of being lackadaisical.

If it worries you, then you're just setting yourself up for failure.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »
Lindermania is going to run wild on this test! Although the last few prep tests i've taken, its like i've forgotten how to any semi advanced game. It pisses me off too, because if i can cut my -8 and -9's in LG down to like -2 -3 or -4 I could get a 175 with the way i've been running on everything else  >:(

TimMitchell

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 12:29:17 PM »
 >:( It's crunch time  >:(

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 02:09:31 PM »
I've been stuck at like 167 for a while... Think it's possible to consistently get up to 170+ in the next 10 days?

TimMitchell

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »
I've been stuck at like 167 for a while... Think it's possible to consistently get up to 170+ in the next 10 days?

There is an interesting post about calculating where the experimental section is and not completing it so you have time to relax and do well on other sections...

But seriously, it is definatly possible to increase you score depending on how much (or little) practice you have done. If you completed 50 practice tests and both bibles than there isn't much hope.

Richard B. Riddick

• Going for the sweet spot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 02:42:51 PM »
I've really hit a plateau at this point.  RC is fine for me.  I miss 3 at the most, but usually 1-2.  I'm working LR at about an 85% clip, with LG's being the ultimate wild card.  I either plow through them or go into a caveman-like trance in which I stare at the game dumbly while drooling all over the pencil. 

My raw scores have leveled out to between 83-87, so I'm generally stuck around 167-170, depending on the scale.

So I'm going to take an exercise analogy and use the next week to change up my study routine and break through this plateau.  I'm weak on Justify the Conclusion and questions that dress formal logic up in pretty wording, so I think spend one night focusing solely on those, and then move to doing advanced games until my eyes bleed, because we all know that if you torture yourself, you must be learning, eh?