Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 36052 times)

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2008, 12:29:09 PM »
"Why don't you have a seat over there."
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

TimMitchell

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
"Why don't you have a seat over there."

Ok... Hey is that cookies and lemonade!

This thread is like a zombie, constantly being revived from the dead

dsetterl

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »
Ok, here are some very prelimary plans. We should think about starting constructing quickly as a zombie apocalypse could happen at any moment. The plans are intentially small-scale to help building quickly.

Legend:
Blue- That is the moat we have all been talking about. I've added some spears all around, although I'm sure a better idea is out there.

Red- Very heavy steel drawbridge. We need an engineer to help as this will have to be able to also operated manually if generator runs out of fuel (more on this later)

Green- Steel shutters. I'm thinking plantation style, although this is still open to discussion.

"T" Circles- Turrets, of course. Something along these lines.
Pink- Staircase. Stairs to the basement are equiped with a large steel cover. The basement will be the last line of defence and must be protected the most.

AC- Armored car. We may need to be able to access the outside world. I'm thinking an armorer Hummer with a zombie cowcatcher. Maybe a smaller turret on top, Halo style warthog?

Walls- Need to be concrete walls. I'm not too sure about the 45 degree walls, we would have to do some testing before we know they are safe. What if the piles of dead zombies allow enough traction for others to get onto the roof?

Ok, The roof.

WT- Watchtower. dsetterl suggested a good one, I believe.

G- Generator

T- Another turret

H- Helipad! We may need rescue. I don't think we can afford a helicopter to have stashed there at first, but if it's in the budget than we should buy it.

Basement, last line of defence. Like I said, the pink needs to be a large, heavy steel hatch. We have two bedrooms, designed to support about 4-6 people. Bathroom, but we may have to accept this will be sans plumbing.

Blue Circles- Water tanks. I'm thinking we can squeeze 400-500 gallons. Water is the most important aspect to zombie survival.

Brown shelves- Food storage. We can only use dry, unperishable food. Spaceman food.

This post is classic

TimMitchell

« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2008, 10:54:26 AM »
Ok, here are some very prelimary plans. We should think about starting constructing quickly as a zombie apocalypse could happen at any moment. The plans are intentially small-scale to help building quickly.

Legend:
Blue- That is the moat we have all been talking about. I've added some spears all around, although I'm sure a better idea is out there.

Red- Very heavy steel drawbridge. We need an engineer to help as this will have to be able to also operated manually if generator runs out of fuel (more on this later)

Green- Steel shutters. I'm thinking plantation style, although this is still open to discussion.

"T" Circles- Turrets, of course. Something along these lines.
Pink- Staircase. Stairs to the basement are equiped with a large steel cover. The basement will be the last line of defence and must be protected the most.

AC- Armored car. We may need to be able to access the outside world. I'm thinking an armorer Hummer with a zombie cowcatcher. Maybe a smaller turret on top, Halo style warthog?

Walls- Need to be concrete walls. I'm not too sure about the 45 degree walls, we would have to do some testing before we know they are safe. What if the piles of dead zombies allow enough traction for others to get onto the roof?

Ok, The roof.

WT- Watchtower. dsetterl suggested a good one, I believe.

G- Generator

T- Another turret

H- Helipad! We may need rescue. I don't think we can afford a helicopter to have stashed there at first, but if it's in the budget than we should buy it.

Basement, last line of defence. Like I said, the pink needs to be a large, heavy steel hatch. We have two bedrooms, designed to support about 4-6 people. Bathroom, but we may have to accept this will be sans plumbing.

Blue Circles- Water tanks. I'm thinking we can squeeze 400-500 gallons. Water is the most important aspect to zombie survival.

Brown shelves- Food storage. We can only use dry, unperishable food. Spaceman food.

This post is classic

memories....

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »
yes, as a matter of fact, this thread made me like you
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »
I just realized if they make it to the basement it is completley defenseless

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »
I just realized if they make it to the basement it is completley defenseless

if they make it to the basement, we need an escape hatch or have a suicide bomb hooked up.  can we hide behind the hatch indefinitely?  i mean, eventually they will go away, wont they?

eta:  add an escape tunnel.  a LONG one.  have a suicide bomb hooked up to bring the entire fort down on top of the zombies as we merrily get out through the tunnel.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

dsetterl

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2009, 12:35:56 AM »
Ah thanks Tasha! It's so cool how zombies can tear entire families apart but bring people together at the same time, ya know?

tehstray

• I drink your milkshake
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2009, 02:01:58 PM »
as far as fast zombies go, how fast are we talking?  ferrari-fast or olympic-athlete-fast or fatty-fast??

dsetterl

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2009, 05:09:09 PM »
 Just as fast as a person could run. Athletes would run faster, and fatties would run like fatties. I don't think a suicide bomb is the answer. Maybe flame thrower turrets that could be used remotely. A spike ceiling that falls and crushes their heads.