Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 36410 times)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 03:47:48 PM »
Or what happens if they clog the roto-rooters?

I definitely saw that coming.  Yes there is a potential for malfunction, but really you must keep your roto-rooters in good repair and make sure that the blades are at least 8-9 feet above the floor of the ditch, which should also have appropriate drainage.  Also, you need to have a bulwark for defense using spears and axes, as well as an internal motor which can be repaired.  It would be nice if you could lift up the roters to reveal a secondary set while you unclogged the first set.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 03:50:16 PM »
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

dsetterl

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »

dsetterl

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »
I just love those damn ewoks tho. I think I am going to buy a ranch and hire little people to wear the costumes and live in trees. If I were king of the world..............

dsetterl

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
Indeed Amigo. BTW it should be known that I wrote that last post in my head with the voice of George Bush.

TimMitchell

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »
I am really serious about the ewok village style of living. Or like Sherwood forest in Robin Hood with Kevin Kostner. I think we could just live above the zombies because I doubt they could climb. However, they could just pile up on eachother......hmmmmmmm. Is any place safe really???

The problem with this, is that there is a flaw as great as that pesky hole in the death star.  The ewok village is elevated and thus, dependent on a few support beams (trees).  When zombies are able to weaken this foundation, the entire structure will cave in.  You will consequently be devowered by zombies.

You've got to be kidding about living Ewok style. You have no protectio whatsoever in those little tree forts! What about the fast, jumping zombies?

What you need is a concrete fortress like we were talking about before. I'm thinking 18inch thick concrete walls. No windows, or windows with steel shutters. All you need is basic survival material. Hell, I think a fallout shelter would do the trick as long as the door the thick enough.

Finally, anyone that is thinking about goint the blunt objects or sharp swords approach will be zombie dinner in a jiffy. You need a high caliber assault rifle with a bayonet+a backpack of ammo. Even if you do run out of bullets you have your bayonet, but that won't get you very far.

An armorer truck with a cowcatcher might be a good idea as well...

dsetterl

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
I think we should name it Fort Mitchell. Please, Please, Please draw a diagram and post it in this thread.

TimMitchell

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »
I think we should name it Fort Mitchell. Please, Please, Please draw a diagram and post it in this thread.

I swear to god I am going to do that now and scan it when I get home. Or I could do it in MSPaint!!! Alright, expect a post in about an hour.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 05:25:29 PM »
Hold up. The best solution has been presented and seconded. Moat-o-rooter surrounding a linoleum-glazed sloped-wall fortress. Large supply of Rid-X on hand.

I really think your time would be best served identifying any weaknesses in the moat plan, and then getting started on construction and armament.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

dsetterl

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 05:27:48 PM »
I actually am from Memphis as well, tho I currently live in Knoxville. Did you ever take part in the Zombie Walk in Memphis? I can't wait to do it this year. That and the Sasquatch challenge are on the list of To-Dos.