Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 37163 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »
In all honesty, I would commandeer one of those ranger fire watch stations that are over the treeline.  Waste is easily disposed, although water would become a problem.  Most food today is made with 75% preservatives so I do not consider that to be a concern.  Also, you could burn the hordes from on high with gasoline and molotovs.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/deg/campfire/images/Firelookout.jpg

Zombie proof.

a flaw in your plan:

flaming zombies set the forest on fire
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »
In all honesty, I would commandeer one of those ranger fire watch stations that are over the treeline.  Waste is easily disposed, although water would become a problem.  Most food today is made with 75% preservatives so I do not consider that to be a concern.  Also, you could burn the hordes from on high with gasoline and molotovs.

Zombie proof.

a flaw in your plan:

Touche, but I'd be able to see it.  Most fire lookout platforms are made of metal too.  And I'd have an ATV on an elevated platform for food runs.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 02:40:59 PM »

Zombie proof.

a flaw in your plan:

Touche, but I'd be able to see it.  Most fire lookout platforms are made of metal too.  And I'd have an ATV on an elevated platform for food runs.

i'm thinking grenades or claymores would be more eco-friendly.

as to food i would call dominos and then, after laughing when the delivery boy was eaten by the zombies, call back and complain that i didnt receive my order in 30 minutes
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 02:57:25 PM »

Zombie proof.

a flaw in your plan:

i'm thinking grenades or claymores would be more eco-friendly.

as to food i would call dominos and then, after laughing when the delivery boy was eaten by the zombies, call back and complain that i didnt receive my order in 30 minutes

FOOL.  Then what, I have little dis attached hands climbing my tower like spiders????  You havent given this much thought obviously

dsetterl

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 03:08:39 PM »
I am really serious about the ewok village style of living. Or like Sherwood forest in Robin Hood with Kevin Kostner. I think we could just live above the zombies because I doubt they could climb. However, they could just pile up on eachother......hmmmmmmm. Is any place safe really???

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »
I am really serious about the ewok village style of living. Or like Sherwood forest in Robin Hood with Kevin Kostner. I think we could just live above the zombies because I doubt they could climb. However, they could just pile up on eachother......hmmmmmmm. Is any place safe really???

Perhaps a walled compound with a "roto-rooter" type moat which feeds chopped up zombies as fertilizer to plants, with an option to shoot zombie guts back out over the hoard?

dsetterl

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »
Or that makes them in to breakfast sausages. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 03:21:14 PM »

Perhaps a walled compound with a "roto-rooter" type moat which feeds chopped up zombies as fertilizer to plants, with an option to shoot zombie guts back out over the hoard?

I think you're finally on to something here.
I know zombies are notoriously stupid, though persistent. So I can see this moat-o-rooter churning up a good number of lemming-like zombs. Can you count on their stupidity precluding them from constructing catapults or Trojan horses?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »

I think you're finally on to something here.
I know zombies are notoriously stupid, though persistent. So I can see this moat-o-rooter churning up a good number of lemming-like zombs. Can you count on their stupidity precluding them from constructing catapults or Trojan horses?

yes, and if your walls are at a 45 degree angle ala 18th century forts, and made of waxed linoleum and concrete, theyd slide back in even if they had a running start with a jump

dsetterl

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »
Or what happens if they clog the roto-rooters?