Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 36465 times)

TimMitchell

Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »
And of course this is ridiculous. What did you except? I started this to entertain myself at work. That is why it is in the general-off topic board. Duh.

And that's why my comments about this "being ridiculous" were completely tongue in cheek.  I claim this topic is absurd only because I'm sure the zombies will devour us all.  Dub. 

However, I'm not too sure this is appropriate for the General Off-Topic.  Next time, consider posting this in the General Board for soon-to-be-zombies or the Zombie Law student Discussion Board.

I can't post anything in those boards, all the posters are way too heady and smart. Really makes you feel inadequate. Plus most conversations usually boil down to an argument over weather zombies should be URM or ad hummunum attacks, they love to call use "warm bodies" and one of us usually can't help but call them baby eaters.

dsetterl

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 10:19:56 AM »
Dead rising is an unfair game that sucks my balls.

Not Dead Rising, Dead Alive, It is one of Peter Jackson's first movies, back when he still lived in New Zealand. Awesome zombie flick.

dsetterl

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »
And of course this is ridiculous. What did you except? I started this to entertain myself at work. That is why it is in the general-off topic board. Duh.

And that's why my comments about this "being ridiculous" were completely tongue in cheek.  I claim this topic is absurd only because I'm sure the zombies will devour us all.  Dub. 

However, I'm not too sure this is appropriate for the General Off-Topic.  Next time, consider posting this in the General Board for soon-to-be-zombies or the Zombie Law student Discussion Board.

My apologies. Sarcasm is hard to pick up. I have already started my Z-PS. Would one of you guys like to read it for me?

TimMitchell

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

My apologies. Sarcasm is hard to pick up. I have already started my Z-PS. Would one of you guys like to read it for me?

Where are you applying? I hear most of the T14 adcomms are Werewolves or Vampires and not to keen on zombies. If I were you I would leave it ambiguous, mention you love the taste of living flesh but don't mention that you a denigrating into a mindless rotting corpse. Another thing, it seems like all the Ivys either choose connected WASPs (White Anglo-Saxon Pirates) or URM (Underrepresented Monsters) unless you've got stellar numbers, so stick to some of the top publics unless you've got the grades.

dsetterl

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 10:56:54 AM »
I was thinking of maybe going to a T3/T4 in-state public for lesser ghouls. I like the taste of country flesh, and they promised at least 30,000 brains as long as I stay in the top third and I can manage to not lose any limbs.

TimMitchell

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »
I was thinking of maybe going to a T3/T4 in-state public for lesser ghouls. I like the taste of country flesh, and they promised at least 30,000 brains as long as I stay in the top third and I can manage to not lose any limbs.

I would reconsider, sure the thought of a debt free education seems good now, but 1L attrition rate at those schools due to decomposing and transferring is astounding. Also, being in the 1/3 of your class is not guaranteed, especially out in the country where you have less people to eat and they are usually armed. Finally, the career prospects for new monster lawyers are *&^% unless you want to live in the country forever.

dsetterl

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 11:10:36 AM »
I have already read PLanet Zombie School, II, and Zombie School Confidential. I think I have it in the bag. I definately will get a clerkship with the dark-wizard.

TimMitchell

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:21 AM »
I have already read PLanet Zombie School, II, and Zombie School Confidential. I think I have it in the bag. I definately will get a clerkship with the dark-wizard.

I don't know, if your look at the Leiter Lord Clerkship rankings very few T3/4 schools even place

TimMitchell

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »

I don't know, if your look at the Leiter Lord Clerkship rankings very few T3/4 schools even place

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 06:10:13 AM »
I've been preparing for the coming zombie revolution for years...started out in my youth with Dawn of the Dead (1978) and slowly progressed through various zombie movies. Honed my skills with Zombie Revenge for Dreamcast and more recently Dead Rising on the Xbox.

Haven't got around to stockpiling food and supplies yet, but in the short term immediately after the zombies start I will be well armed with both long-range and close combat weapons...assuming I can get to them. If a random zombie attack occurs when you're caught unprepared though, problems can arise and you'll need some makeshift weapons to fight your way out. Might want to consider:

-pillow case full of sodas
-sack o' door knobs
-folding chair
-potted plant
-frying pan
-those emergency fire axes in the glass case

and various other instruments to bash, bludgeon, and smite your undead foes.

In the event of a prolonged zombie invasion I plan on modifying my car with a cow catcher and sharp chunks of metal a la The Road Warrior, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

Good luck, brave remnants of humanity. May we all find a remote, isolated hideout where we can wait out the zombie menance until they starve to death, at which time we can emerge and rebuild our shattered civilization.