Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 35498 times)

Ulfrekr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2008, 09:44:59 AM »
About a week ago I was walking down by the harbor, and there was a cargo ship with Brazilian flags docked there. The boarding ramp was down, and there were police everywhere. My first thought was that I needed to get home and start my zombie apocalypse preparations (step 1: put water, weapons, and canned food on second floor of house, then destroy staircase.)

Here's a crucial question- go lone wolf, or join up with a group?
Michigan 2011 baby!

LSN

dsetterl

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »
You join up with a group, but you better be willing to shoot them in the head. Also as far as which place to be in during a Zombie Apocalypse my theory goes like this: Any city that has an infrastructure that would be devasted by peak oil is a bad place to be. All major cities have everything shipped in food/clothing etc. I think the best place to be would be a small quite stone monestary in the mountains.

dsetterl

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 09:50:12 AM »
Or stay in Ft. Mitchell. What's funny about this thread is you can tell we all just got to work. haha

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »
Lone wolf by far.  Even if you have your family with you, what happens if moms gets bitten?  We saw what happened in Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, and Shaun of the Dead.  You definitely will hesitate in killing your zombie relations, and assuming that hesitation doesnt kill you, you will have an emotional breakdown.  Best to live by your own wiles in a remote location with an enclosed area for livestock. 

Also as to food...consider this.  Chickens will lay an egg per day, and cows will continue to produce milk for a long time.  Agriculture will @#!* you in that a frost will leave you hungry, and canned food only lasts so long.  Clearly you need to prepare a walled grazing area.

Dionysus0

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 12:54:25 PM »
Lone wolf by far.  Even if you have your family with you, what happens if moms gets bitten?  We saw what happened in Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, and Shaun of the Dead.  You definitely will hesitate in killing your zombie relations, and assuming that hesitation doesnt kill you, you will have an emotional breakdown.  Best to live by your own wiles in a remote location with an enclosed area for livestock. 

Also as to food...consider this.  Chickens will lay an egg per day, and cows will continue to produce milk for a long time.  Agriculture will @#!* you in that a frost will leave you hungry, and canned food only lasts so long.  Clearly you need to prepare a walled grazing area.

You can't live alone. There has to be 24 hour security, zombies will sneak up you when you are sleeping, unless you plan waiting this out in a bomb shelter. As far as weapons goes, the AK-47 is one of the easiest weapons to maintain and is on par with the M16. I would say this is the best assault rifle out there.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »
dont forget the reloading hardware.  while the ak47 is a fairly decent weapon (pulls to the right on full auto) its 7.62mm casings might be hard to find in the us.  .22 rimfire rounds, or even .30-.30 might be better.

in addition, do you think goats and/or pigs will eat the dead zombies?  pretty sure pigs will.  the question is whether anything that ingests zombie meat would become infected.  wouldnt do at all to have your bacon leaping out of the pan at you.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

dsetterl

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 03:19:50 PM »
Thats why you microwave zombie bacon.

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
Any type of structure or settlement needs choke points for las resort defence. If you can make sure they can only attack you from one narrow point, and are trainedwith hand to hand weapons and have a shield and light armor, you can hold them off for a long time. Think of like Roman legions o smaller scales. It would be a massacre.

The most important thing by far though, is having a leader who doesnt let his emotions get the best of him, and some type of definedcommand structure

dsetterl

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2008, 09:03:47 PM »
I will cook the bacon!

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2008, 02:11:40 AM »
its 7.62mm casings might be hard to find in the us.  .22 rimfire rounds, or even .30-.30 might be better.

My man!