Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 36435 times)

dsetterl

Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2008, 10:35:35 PM »
I think I should definitely be there.
Some zombie trivia:
 What do you do if you have one clip for you gun and you are holed up surrounded by zombies?

TimMitchell

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 10:55:37 PM »
Some zombie trivia:
 What do you do if you have one clip for you gun and you are holed up surrounded by zombies?
What type of gun and how many zombies?

I may just fake being a zombie a la Shawn of the Dead

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2008, 01:48:41 AM »
Some zombie trivia:

I guess you could potentially be surrounded by Spetsnaz or OpFor as well...doesn't really matter.

Sell Out

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bienvenido al Terrordome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2008, 02:04:10 AM »
This thread speaks to my worst nightmare.  I've had a Zombie Contingency Plan (ZCP) for years.  It involves high-powered deer rifles with long range capabilities, a few handguns, a ranch with one entrance to the house, canned food, water, trip flares, and mapped out fields of fire for the automatic weapons.

Why you gotta freak a guy out so close to bedtime?
Rocking in the free world.

UH 2010

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:44 AM »
This thread speaks to my worst nightmare.  I've had a Zombie Contingency Plan (ZCP) for years.  It involves high-powered deer rifles with long range capabilities, a few handguns, a ranch with one entrance to the house, canned food, water, trip flares, and mapped out fields of fire for the automatic weapons.

Why you gotta freak a guy out so close to bedtime?

You and I should compare notes. Sounds like my typical bedtime falling-asleep routine, imagining emergency zombie attack contingency plans. Don't be scared, though, man. You're way better than a zombie...I'll crush a zomb skull with my bare hands if need be!

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2008, 08:52:35 AM »
At this time I'd like to look to Scripps college, scene of the battle of 5 colleges as portrayed in WWZ. 

This is a passage from Max Brooks' novel "World War Z", interviews with various survivors of the world-wide zombie war. Only oases of humans exist, mostly west of the Rockies, and they are still fighting the zombies as the government begins to re-establish itself and organize. In Malibu, California, a former film director has been classified as "F-6" or useless, no survival skills to share, by the current regime. He finds a purpose in creating films about other survivors to inspire the remaining populace, some of which are dying at a rate of 100 per day due to ADS, Asymptomatic Demise Syndrome or Apocalyptic Despair Syndrome.

"Just outside of Greater Los Angeles, in a town called Claremont, are five colleges - Pomona, Pitzer, Scripps, Harvey Mudd, and Claremont Mckenna. At the start of the Great Panic, when everyone else was running, literally, for the hills, three hundred students chose to make a stand. They turned the Women's College at Scripps into something resembling a medieval city. They got their supplies from the other campuses; their weapons were a mix of landscaping tools and ROTC practice rifles. They planted gardens, dug wells, fortified an already existing wall. While the mountains burned behind them, and the surrounding suburbs descended into violence, those three hundred kids held off ten thousand zombies! Ten thousand, over the course of four months, until the Inland Empire could finally be pacified. We were lucky to get there just at the tail end, just in time to see the last of the undead fall, as cheering students and soldiers linked up under the oversized, homemade Old Glory fluttering from the Pomona bell tower. What a story! Ninety-six hours of raw footage in the can. I would have liked to have gone longer, but time was critical One hundred a day lost, remember.

We had to get this one out there as soon as possible. I brought the footage back to my house, cut it together in my edit bay. My wife did the narration. We made fourteen copies, all on different formats, and screened them that Saturday night at different camps and shelters all over LA. I called it Victory at Avalon: The Battle of the Five Colleges.

The name, Avalon, comes from some stock footage one of the students had shot during the siege. It was the night before their last, worst attack, when a fresh horde from the east was clearly visible on the horizon. The kids were hard at work - sharpening weapons, reinforcing defenses, standing guard on the walls and towers. A song came floating across the campus from the loudspeaker that played constant music to keep moral up. A Scripps student, with a voice like an angel, was singing the Roxy Music song. It was such a beautiful rendition, and such a contrast with the ragin storm about to hit. I laid it over my "preparing for battle" montage. I still get choked up when I hear it."

This is the song they were singing by the way.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zJdbpzfJMs

Note that through community spirit, morale boosting, and vituous industry, the zombie hoards can be negated.  You just have to wait it out for the military.

TimMitchell

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »
At this time I'd like to look to Scripps college, scene of the battle of 5 colleges as portrayed in WWZ. 

This is a passage from Max Brooks' novel "World War Z", interviews with various survivors of the world-wide zombie war. Only oases of humans exist, mostly west of the Rockies, and they are still fighting the zombies as the government begins to re-establish itself and organize. In Malibu, California, a former film director has been classified as "F-6" or useless, no survival skills to share, by the current regime. He finds a purpose in creating films about other survivors to inspire the remaining populace, some of which are dying at a rate of 100 per day due to ADS, Asymptomatic Demise Syndrome or Apocalyptic Despair Syndrome.

"Just outside of Greater Los Angeles, in a town called Claremont, are five colleges - Pomona, Pitzer, Scripps, Harvey Mudd, and Claremont Mckenna. At the start of the Great Panic, when everyone else was running, literally, for the hills, three hundred students chose to make a stand. They turned the Women's College at Scripps into something resembling a medieval city. They got their supplies from the other campuses; their weapons were a mix of landscaping tools and ROTC practice rifles. They planted gardens, dug wells, fortified an already existing wall. While the mountains burned behind them, and the surrounding suburbs descended into violence, those three hundred kids held off ten thousand zombies! Ten thousand, over the course of four months, until the Inland Empire could finally be pacified. We were lucky to get there just at the tail end, just in time to see the last of the undead fall, as cheering students and soldiers linked up under the oversized, homemade Old Glory fluttering from the Pomona bell tower. What a story! Ninety-six hours of raw footage in the can. I would have liked to have gone longer, but time was critical One hundred a day lost, remember.

We had to get this one out there as soon as possible. I brought the footage back to my house, cut it together in my edit bay. My wife did the narration. We made fourteen copies, all on different formats, and screened them that Saturday night at different camps and shelters all over LA. I called it Victory at Avalon: The Battle of the Five Colleges.

The name, Avalon, comes from some stock footage one of the students had shot during the siege. It was the night before their last, worst attack, when a fresh horde from the east was clearly visible on the horizon. The kids were hard at work - sharpening weapons, reinforcing defenses, standing guard on the walls and towers. A song came floating across the campus from the loudspeaker that played constant music to keep moral up. A Scripps student, with a voice like an angel, was singing the Roxy Music song. It was such a beautiful rendition, and such a contrast with the ragin storm about to hit. I laid it over my "preparing for battle" montage. I still get choked up when I hear it."

This is the song they were singing by the way.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zJdbpzfJMs

Note that through community spirit, morale boosting, and vituous industry, the zombie hoards can be negated.  You just have to wait it out for the military.

I'm choosing a law school based on wall size and the students willingness to fight against zombies.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 09:23:54 AM »

I'm choosing a law school based on wall size and the students willingness to fight against zombies.

I'd go with George Mason, Sturm, and colder climes... U Montana.  I'm willing to guess that SMU has a high proportion of gun owners. 

Worst schools for Zombie attack?  NYLS, Columbia, and NYU.  Cant imagine the jersey shore is decent either.

dsetterl

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »
Some zombie trivia:

You shoot 4 of those baby-eating monsters, and use then shoot yourself in the head. Save one bullet in the chamber incase you are still alive after one shot and need to try again.

TimMitchell

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »

I'd go with George Mason, Sturm, and colder climes... U Montana.  I'm willing to guess that SMU has a high proportion of gun owners. 

Worst schools for Zombie attack?  NYLS, Columbia, and NYU.  Cant imagine the jersey shore is decent either.

That is true regardless of any apocalypse. In fact, if a zombie apocalypse started I'd be willing to wager it originated in Jersey somehow.