Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse  (Read 35541 times)

dsetterl

Re: Zombie Apocalypse
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »
Yeah, always look for the nearest blunt object. Some people see hole-puncher, I see zombie skull-smasher.

dsetterl

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
Bump, Someone has to have something to say about this?

TimMitchell

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »

Why does someone else have to have something to say about this?  This is a ridiculuos thread with little substinence or content... Really.  Everyone knows that when the zombie apocolypse occurs, we're all gonna end being the poop of the undead.  Maybe a couple of us will manage to have our own little human enclave deep in some woods or some mountains - but its all going to end very badly.  Probably with one of your love ones causing your ultimate demise because for some reason, he needs to search for fire wood in the middle of the night while the zombies hunt.  So wants to discuss our unfortunate futures?  Anyone?  That's why this thread is as dead as you and me will be.

If you were giving that speach during a zombie apocalypse you would be grabbed and devoured as soon as you said "dead as you and me will be". Shortly afterwards a small group of us would be saved by a military helicopter.

dsetterl

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »
Haters always die after giving a speech.

dsetterl

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:43 PM »
Obviously you know little about zombies. Immediately read some Max Brooks and rent Dead Alive.

TimMitchell

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:29 PM »

Why does someone else have to have something to say about this?  This is a ridiculuos thread with little substinence or content... Really.  Everyone knows that when the zombie apocolypse occurs, we're all gonna end being the poop of the undead.  Maybe a couple of us will manage to have our own little human enclave deep in some woods or some mountains - but its all going to end very badly.  Probably with one of your love ones causing your ultimate demise because for some reason, he needs to search for fire wood in the middle of the night while the zombies hunt.  So wants to discuss our unfortunate futures?  Anyone?  That's why this thread is as dead as you and me will be.

If you were giving that speach during a zombie apocalypse you would be grabbed and devoured as soon as you said "dead as you and me will be". Shortly afterwards a small group of us would be saved by a military helicopter.

Dude, didn't you see the movie 28 days?  I think it is based upon a true story.  The military doesn't turn out to be much better.

That's true, although they were argueably better off with them than trying to support themselves whiile defending against fast zombies. Plus we have women in the military now, so the last armed bastion on earth is a lot less likely to be such a sausage fest.

dsetterl

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 09:00:17 PM »
And of course this is ridiculous. What did you except? I started this to entertain myself at work. That is why it is in the general-off topic board. Duh.

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »
I've been preparing for the coming zombie revolution for years...started out in my youth with Dawn of the Dead (1978) and slowly progressed through various zombie movies. Honed my skills with Zombie Revenge for Dreamcast and more recently Dead Rising on the Xbox.

Haven't got around to stockpiling food and supplies yet, but in the short term immediately after the zombies start I will be well armed with both long-range and close combat weapons...assuming I can get to them. If a random zombie attack occurs when you're caught unprepared though, problems can arise and you'll need some makeshift weapons to fight your way out. Might want to consider:

-pillow case full of sodas
-sack o' door knobs
-folding chair
-potted plant
-frying pan
-those emergency fire axes in the glass case

and various other instruments to bash, bludgeon, and smite your undead foes.

In the event of a prolonged zombie invasion I plan on modifying my car with a cow catcher and sharp chunks of metal a la The Road Warrior, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

Good luck, brave remnants of humanity. May we all find a remote, isolated hideout where we can wait out the zombie menance until they starve to death, at which time we can emerge and rebuild our shattered civilization.

::)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 07:52:32 AM »
Dead rising is an unfair game that sucks my balls.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »
Question:  How valid is the use of "nerd swords" ie katanas and blades sold at flea markets and nerd stores in the defense against zombie attack.