Law School Discussion

Poll

What should the main subject/idea of my PS be.

The Works of Ayn Rand and how they drive me
4 (23.5%)
My experiences in elder care and how that is making me consider a career in public service (elder advocacy)
6 (35.3%)
How my work in a boiler room operation has made me empathic to the needs of others, and the need to redeem myself through public service
1 (5.9%)
I want to be a lawyer because I enjoy dry material and copying and pasting (looking for a trade)
2 (11.8%)
A discussion of the following hypothetical: if I had a choice of a super-power, what it would be and what I would use it for.
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: June 14, 2008, 08:02:36 AM

Help me pick my PS subject

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help me pick my PS subject
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »
Your loss man, old people are not cool these days. I mean they are everywhere.

And they're really not as cool as laser beam vision or invisibility or something.

And steer clear of the Midas Touch thing unless you swear to use it to "give something back" to the law school. Otherwise, they'll think that you might devalue the metric tons of gold that lawyers and law schools keep on hand.

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »
#1: re: this thread. Love it.

#2: if you write about Ayn Rand you will be immediately be pegged as an immature a-hole. There, I've said it.

#3: old folks, FTW. It actually relates to law school, and who is going to be the male private part that says "Meh. He wants to help the elderly. I'm not really feeling it"? You automatically have them at "Hello".

4: Me- drunk posting.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 06:16:51 AM »
How would you describe in writing Carnage's powers?  Venom and Spidey are easy, but frankly, I'm at a loss to explain carnage.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 07:36:12 AM »
#1: re: this thread. Love it.

#2: if you write about Ayn Rand you will be immediately be pegged as an immature a-hole. There, I've said it.

#3: old folks, FTW. It actually relates to law school, and who is going to be the male private part that says "Meh. He wants to help the elderly. I'm not really feeling it"? You automatically have them at "Hello".

4: Me- drunk posting.

Do you think the gist should be, nursing homes are crumby, and the incapacitated elderly are the only group in america who cannot raise themselves up (having already been cast low), and with the expanding baby boomer market place I really think I can find a niche for myself in elder abuse cases and advocacy?

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 09:38:18 AM »
What is this "hypothetical" superpower you have in mind?

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 09:47:58 AM »
What is this "hypothetical" superpower you have in mind?

We've listed a few, but I'm starting to think that stretch armstrong powers would be practical.

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »
How would you describe in writing Carnage's powers?  Venom and Spidey are easy, but frankly, I'm at a loss to explain carnage.

Sort of like a limited shape-shifting thing. Maybe he can do something else, but it seems like he's always turning an arm or a leg into some combination of an ax, spear, and sword. Plus the extreme strength and homicidal tendencies.

I think you could really tie this into the elder care thing. I see some real potential in a Carnage and elder care hybrid essay.

dsetterl

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »
I would say how if you were carnage you would turn your hand into a bingo stamper so you could help the old folks  win their puddin'.

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »
I would say how if you were carnage you would turn your hand into a bingo stamper so you could help the old folks can win their puddin'.

Tag it and bag it. You now have a PS topic that is likely to get you a full ride + stipend at any T14.

El_Che

• View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 04:07:40 PM »
Elder care. Schools love that stuff.