Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New to the board... WKU Management Major  (Read 366 times)

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
New to the board... WKU Management Major
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:23:19 PM »
I have been reading the board for a few weeks now and find the various posters to seem both well-informed and interesting, so I figured I would create a post to introduce myself and maybe ask a question or two.

I am a senior Management major at Western Kentucky University with a 3.95 GPA.  I am taking the June LSAT and graduating in December (also getting married this August).  On the diagnostic tests, I have been testing in the 164-170 range with 171 being my highest score.  I am currently looking at various schools, but my top two are Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

I haven't seen anyone mention Kentucky anywhere on the board, and I am curious as to what everyone thinks/ has heard about it.  I am hoping to practice corporate law in Kentucky or northern Tennessee (Nashville area) upon receiving my JD.  Any comments or opinions are both welcome and appreciated.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New to the board... WKU Management Major
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:39 AM »
I applied and was admitted to Kentucky. I think its a good option if you are sure you that you want to work in Kentucky, but assuming you score in the range that you have been testing at you definitely need to throw some apps out to school in the T14.
2L and counting...

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
I hope to stay pretty close to home because all my family is here.  However, I am keeping my options open, assuming I would be able to handle things financially.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of aid I would be looking at with a 3.95 and 166 (just an estimate) at UK, and also, how solid of an admit (or would I be at all?) with those numbers at Vanderbilt and other similar schools.

Thanks in advance.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
You might be able to swing a full tuition ride at Kentucky. I got $33,000 over three years there with inferior numbers to yours, but I would have been an out of state student. I feel like with a 3.95/166 you would have a greater than 50% chance at Vanderbilt and similar schools, but I don't see you getting much in the way of merit based financial aid at those schools...

2L and counting...