Law School Discussion

Michelle Obama "Whitey" Tape

Re: Michelle Obama "Whitey" Tape
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 01:29:27 PM »
I am Obama supporter, but every time I hear a story like this it gets me worried that it will do a lot of damage to him.  Michelle is outspoken and a bit of a liability for him.  In the large scheme of things, this will pass, on the other hand if they keep adding up they could cause Obama the general election.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »
The media will throw anything but the kitchen sink @ Senator O.  You say the race isn't about race.  If not, then why does the media magnify stories about the Obama's camp that have absolutely nothing to do with Obama's platform or what he personally intends to do for America? Why does the meda develop and magnify the stories that potentially imply that Obama or members of Obama's camp are "racist"? This is more irrelevant bullsnit to throw dirt on Obama's name, and divert our attention away from the issues really that matter.  Divide and Conquer...it never fails.

You actually think the media is being hard on Obama?

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »
Obama's Supprter List includes:

- Hamas (Terror Group)
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Iran)
- Hugo Chavez (Venezuela)
- Louis Farrakhan (Nation of Islam)
- and now Fidel Castro (Cuba)

With an endorsement list full of such dysfunctional and mentally deranged people, it should be an easy choice in November - even for the liberals who claim to love America

Come on now, if you're going to law school at least try to act more inteligent than just repeating Talk Radio talking points. ::)

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »
How does pointing out Barack Obama's heinous, but very public, supporters demean my intelligence in any way.....While John McCain was 31 years old he was sitting in a Vietnamese torture camp, While Barack was reaping the benefits of his tax payer funded legal education while making over 100,000 dollars at a prestigious BIGLAW firm.....tell me who the bigger and better man for this country is? While john mccain has only preached love and honor for his country and his fellow americans, Barack belongs (ed, as of very recently) to a church who preaches hate for the masses of Americans........I hate Barack Obama....and to all my fellow jews out there...listen to what Barack's supporter Ahmenijad had to say about wanting to wipe Isreal and all of Zion off of the map of the world forever....tell me you support THAT guy

This is a stance I can understand. While McCain, as a young man, was standing up to the physical and mental torture of his north Vietnamese captures, Barack Obama was surrendering to the manipulation of his preacher (or he simply agrees with the beliefs of his preacher). Now tell me who is the man of stronger character. The American people have every right to question and scrutinize Barack Obama's past, which is littered with very strong evidence of bad judgment, weakness of character and divisive social/political beliefs. And rather than get branded for being a racist or for 'not focusing on the issues', we deserve some actual answers.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 07:54:32 PM »
How does pointing out Barack Obama's heinous, but very public, supporters demean my intelligence in any way.....While John McCain was 31 years old he was sitting in a Vietnamese torture camp, While Barack was reaping the benefits of his tax payer funded legal education while making over 100,000 dollars at a prestigious BIGLAW firm.....tell me who the bigger and better man for this country is? While john mccain has only preached love and honor for his country and his fellow americans, Barack belongs (ed, as of very recently) to a church who preaches hate for the masses of Americans........I hate Barack Obama....and to all my fellow jews out there...listen to what Barack's supporter Ahmenijad had to say about wanting to wipe Isreal and all of Zion off of the map of the world forever....tell me you support THAT guy

How does being taken prisoner of war make one a better leader, or even a better man?  You could have just been stupid, or sloppy, or ratted out by an informer, or just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I can see making the argument that being a military leader can prepare one for the Presidency (though not that it's a necessary condition), but really, explain how five years in solitary confinement creates a great leader?  I'm not demeaning McCain's experience, as I'm sure it was terrible (I had a cousin on the USS Pueblo who was horribly tortured), but that alone doesn't prove he's qualified to be president, does it?  Because there are a bunch of men at a prison camp on a US base in Cuba who thus have similar qualifications. Should we then cheer if they become leaders of their respective countries (if they're ever relseased)?

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 08:22:07 PM »

How does being taken prisoner of war make one a better leader, or even a better man?  You could have just been stupid, or sloppy, or ratted out by an informer, or just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I can see making the argument that being a military leader can prepare one for the Presidency (though not that it's a necessary condition), but really, explain how five years in solitary confinement creates a great leader?  I'm not demeaning McCain's experience, as I'm sure it was terrible (I had a cousin on the USS Pueblo who was horribly tortured), but that alone doesn't prove he's qualified to be president, does it?  Because there are a bunch of men at a prison camp on a US base in Cuba who thus have similar qualifications. Should we then cheer if they become leaders of their respective countries (if they're ever relseased)?

You need to check your premises. McCain is a military leader. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a Lietenant Commander. He earned a Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

Moreover, you don't think strenth of character is part of what makes for a better leader?  On one hand, there's McCain, who refused an offer to skip ahead in line and leave prison camp before his comrade's turn, and on the other hand, there's Obama, who over 20 years didn't have the audacity to leave the church of an America hating preacher with obviously divisive beliefs. If you asked me, an independent voter, out of these two indiduals, who would I rather have leading this country, I think the obvious choice is McCain.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »
you think its a travesty that we lock up some of the worlds most dangerous men in a camp in cuba...you think its wrong that we tear *&^% up in the middle east....look at the past 7 years...since 9/11 how many terror attacks have been on American soil...0.....My father works for a branch of the DoD and there is plenty of unclassified information regarding plausible threats on American soil if Barack gets elected, for the very reason that he will NOT flex America's muscles, and will NOT tear *&^% up in the middle east (I agree what we did was definitely excessive, and far too costly...but it did give the terrorists a warning, that our president is irrationally trigger happy and is not afraid to destroy their lands...which isnt always a bad thing)...Barack will sit down with Iran and peacefully discuss how they want to destroy Israel (don't forget his name is Barack Hussein Obama)...unlike our flawed (yes hes a flawed leader) Bush. I'm not even a conservative....im just a self proclaimed badass...Barack's female private part stance on dealing with cruel anti-semites like Iran and Libya and Syria and Jordan just pisses me off....I think the 6 day war proved Isreals might against the muslims...The IDF is definitely the msot badass military apparatus in the world...behind the US Marine Corps of course.....HOOO-RAH, Semper Fi

So, when did you you enlist?  You're planning on re-upping until our troops return, right?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 09:35:59 PM »

You need to check your premises. McCain is a military leader. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a Lietenant Commander. He earned a Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

McCain graduated last in his class from Annapolis.  He was fortunate, career-wise, to be the son and grandson of admirals.  Lt. Commander allows one to drive a small boat.  My spouse, who was Vietnam-era Navy and grew up in the Naval Post-Graduate School, when prompted, called McCain's final rank an "exit grade".  McCain served his country, and withstood some pretty brutal conditions.  But nothing many other soldiers did not suffer as well, and nothing required for great leadership.

My grandfather was also Navy, in both WWII and Korea.  He wasn't allowed to vote, but served a government which had stripped him of his land and heritage.  That service I consider extraordinary.

You're in the military, no?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »
Moreover, you don't think strenth of character is part of what makes for a better leader?  On one hand, there's McCain, who refused an offer to skip ahead in line and leave prison camp before his comrade's turn, and on the other hand, there's Obama, who over 20 years didn't have the audacity to leave the church of an America hating preacher with obviously divisive beliefs. If you asked me, an independent voter, out of these two indiduals, who would I rather have leading this country, I think the obvious choice is McCain.

so "character" is the only issue that matters to you then.

i'm also not up to date.  have we reached consensus that wright hates america?

If I recall correctly, Wright served in the military.  This must make this guy's head explode:

"From 1959 to 1961, Wright attended Virginia Union University,[2] in Richmond. In 1961 Wright left college and joined the United States Marine Corps and became part of the 2nd Marine Division attaining the rank of private first class. In 1963, after two years of service, Wright joined the United States Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center.[11][7] Wright was then trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of President Lyndon B. Johnson (see photo of Wright caring for Johnson after his 1966 surgery). Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House Physician, Vice Admiral Burkley, personally wrote Wright a letter of thanks on behalf of the United States President."

Oh, but he served a Democratic President, so that's why he hates America, right?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 10:00:04 PM »
you can get wikipedia to say anything. 

for example, i just edited obama's profile to read that he's the 43rd president of the united states.

Point taken.  I was being lazy.  But I'm sick.  Do I have to go hunt down original sources for this?