Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC? or WM?  (Read 1012 times)

tommy1

• View Profile
UNC? or WM?
« on: June 02, 2008, 05:03:13 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could  tell me what they know about UNC law school?....how is the program there and finding jobs in the private sector...in NY or DC?

also how is it compared to WM? which one would you go?
THANKS

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UNC? or WM?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could  tell me what they know about UNC law school?....how is the program there and finding jobs in the private sector...in NY or DC?

THANKS

UNC is good law school with pretty good placement in the DC region. Iím not sure about its placement in NY.

As for the school itself, I know that they have some funding issues and have lost a huge amount of talented faculty during the last three years. Posters generally describe the student body as collegial and relaxed. I also know that the law school has a high percentage of in-state students.

Would you be in-state at UNC?

tommy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »

THANKS

UNC is good law school with pretty good placement in the DC region. Iím not sure about its placement in NY.

As for the school itself, I know that they have some funding issues and have lost a huge amount of talented faculty during the last three years. Posters generally describe the student body as collegial and relaxed. I also know that the law school has a high percentage of in-state students.

Hey. I am out of state for UNC...
hmmm so are you saying UNC is kind of going down every year?
what do you think of Wake Forest then? (if you do that is)

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »
Email any questions you have about W&M.  I don't like to compare schools for a couple reasons including I don't go to UNC so don't know much about it and its stupid to attack another school.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 09:52:16 AM »

THANKS

Hey. I am out of state for UNC...
hmmm so are you saying UNC is kind of going down every year?
what do you think of Wake Forest then? (if you do that is)

I don't think that UNC will be going down every year, but it has certainly been in a rut lately.

I don't know that much about Wake. I do know they have a very small class size and have a good faculty. I imagine their employment prospects are similar to UNC.

lawboy81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »
Wake dropped last year too.  There's mo reason to pick Wake over UNC.  UNC is more prestigious and cheaper (and in a better area).  Even if you're out-of-state you can probably get in-state tuition your second and third years.

Between UNC and William and Mary it's pretty much a toss-up.  Visit both schools and pick the one you like better.